Suggestions needed!!! please help

PT Car Washer

Very rare..they have a do not rehire list..make sure you don't get on it cuz it sticks with ya for life for ups even if ya relocate
I am sure you are correct on the "do not rehire list". But unless your building is very vindictive you would have to be a complete loser to make that list. I have seen guys rehired three times. Paid starting wage and already knew the job and most of his co workers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am sure you are correct on the "do not rehire list". But unless your building is very vindictive you would have to be a complete loser to make that list. I have seen guys rehired three times. Paid starting wage and already knew the job and most of his co workers.
If you quit before a year....you will not be rehired.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Not necessarily. Putting someone on the list is completely at the Sup's discretion. There's no option to select "Less than 1 year"

If you can't manage community college and UPS you are going to have a tough time dealing with what ever career you choose. Sounds to me you would rather just go to school and screw around than work and go to school

J

jibbs

If you tell you Sup that you are leaving in two weeks there a strong possibility that he may double your pay right on the spot....or show you the door.

One of these things has absolutely 0% chance of happening.

But I don't really know just that I have seen guys hired back.

Same. Some several times over (they'd quit, get rehired, quit, come back again). I don't really know anybody's personal situations regarding this but I've definitely seen people rehired.

EvanStone

grindin
hello all who may read this. So here's my situation. I was hired as a sorter at the beginning of December as a seasonal employee. I worked hard and I am still currently working due to the fact that I was offered to stay because I guess they forgot that I go back to school on janurary 22nd. What I need help from you guys is suggestions. How should I go about leaving the company. I love it but I need to focus more on school. Yeah the money's great but I need an education right now. If I put my two weeks in on this coming Monday will they fire me since I'm still not apart of the union. Or will they allow me to work until I go back to school. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

you're screwed brah..

i worked ups for 5 years while i was in school it was very manageable and i took advantage of the tuition reimbursement. like many have already said, man up!!

Not necessarily. Putting someone on the list is completely at the Sup's discretion. There's no option to select "Less than 1 year"

If you can't manage community college and UPS you are going to have a tough time dealing with what ever career you choose. Sounds to me you would rather just go to school and screw around than work and go to school
Well, seeing that I'm taking 15 credits and plan to transfer to a state school next year, I'm not really going to give up my 3.9 GPA that I earned in the fall... I think I'll be alright.

PT Car Washer

Well, seeing that I'm taking 15 credits and plan to transfer to a state school next year, I'm not really going to give up my 3.9 GPA that I earned in the fall... I think I'll be alright.
I am sure you will be fine. I think most guys are saying you still can find time to go to work for 3 1/2 hours 5 days a week. But it is your choice.

TheFigurehead

You are a *****...no reason you can't go to community college and keep your job.

You're a real treat. The OP clearly aspires to something more than humping boxes for a living like we do. Why begrudge him that? Why be such an :censored2: about it? If he wants to focus on school, what is the problem?

This doesn't apply to seasonal workers.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

Oh, watch out everybody. We have a 15 credit student here.

Took 15 last semester. Was in school from 8-12, Internship 1230-5, UPS 515-1045. Not that hard to do.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You're a real treat. The OP clearly aspires to something more than humping boxes for a living like we do. Why begrudge him that? Why be such an :censored2: about it? If he wants to focus on school, what is the problem?

This doesn't apply to seasonal workers.
If the OP at 18...can't handle community college and a PT job, he has bigger issues. I'm entitled to my opinion...you're entitled to disagree. Ah...what a wonderful world we live in....where we all allowed the luxury of independent thought!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you tell you Sup that you are leaving in two weeks there a strong possibility that he may double your pay right on the spot....or show you the door. Life can be a roll of the dice like that.

Yes. Do you?
A sup is going to double his pay? Please explain to me how that works....I've worked here for years and I'm stumped on that option as a possibility, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Please educate the rest of us as to how that works at UPS.

Last edited: