Suicide at World port?

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Screenshot_20221006-154615.png

Brownnote

My sympathy to the people who loved her.
Depression doesn't always fallow reason.
It's not weakness or sickness or something to be ashamed of. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. But, if you worked at UPS and confessed you where thinking of hurting yourself... Would it make things better, or worse? I imagine the company will use this as an excuse to scrutinize employees closer, own more of them, modify behavior in the name of safety. I don't know if her job had anything to do with it, but her choosing to do this at work says something to me. I'm wondering what it says to the executives.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Not a fad. It's been going on for decades. A pregnancy is not a disability so if you can't come to work you are not covered by insurance.
had a girl get pregnant here 20 years ago , pretty much told her she needs to quit…UPS got sued for this issue long time ago.
🧔‍♂️✊

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Not a fad. It's been going on for decades. A pregnancy is not a disability so if you can't come to work you are not covered by insurance.
From article 16 of the Master agreement.

Section 4. Maternity and Paternity Leave
It is understood that maternity leave for female employees shall be granted with no loss of seniority for such period of time as her doctor shall determine that she is physically or mentally unable to return to her normal duties and maternity leave must comply with applicable state and federal laws.
A light duty request, certified in writing by a physician, shall be granted in compliance with state or federal laws, if applicable. Light duty requests shall also be made through the Employer’s “Light Duty for Pregnant Workers” program.
Paternity leave shall be granted in accordance with Section 6 of this Article with the exception of employees not able to meet the quali- fications set out in Section 6, who shall be granted leave not to ex- ceed one (1) week.
Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement, Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vaca- tion year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is deter- mined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the fa- ther, time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the ac- crued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
From article 16 of the Master agreement.

Section 4. Maternity and Paternity Leave
It is understood that maternity leave for female employees shall be granted with no loss of seniority for such period of time as her doctor shall determine that she is physically or mentally unable to return to her normal duties and maternity leave must comply with applicable state and federal laws.
A light duty request, certified in writing by a physician, shall be granted in compliance with state or federal laws, if applicable. Light duty requests shall also be made through the Employer’s “Light Duty for Pregnant Workers” program.
Paternity leave shall be granted in accordance with Section 6 of this Article with the exception of employees not able to meet the quali- fications set out in Section 6, who shall be granted leave not to ex- ceed one (1) week.
Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement, Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vaca- tion year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is deter- mined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the fa- ther, time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the ac- crued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.

And we expect a 20 year old pregnant part timer to understand any of this goby goop...

Been here over 45 years and you lost me at the 3rd paragraph.

We don’t know the whole story yet. Either way it is a sad event for those involved.

It is good information thanks for the post..👍

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
And we expect a 20 year old pregnant part timer to understand any of this goby goop...

Been here over 45 years and you lost me at the 3rd paragraph.

We don’t know the whole story yet. Either way it is a sad event for those involved.

It is good information thanks for the post..👍
It certainly is some difficult phrasing. That’s why you need strong E Boards I guess.