Sup is changing start times at last minute.

SameRightsForAll

Does 15 minutes really make a difference?

Yes, it does. A worker making $13/hour would lose $3.25 per incident. Just to show the potential this has, if the company decided to do this to every employee on the same day theoretically, it's about $1.4 MILLION in free labor. The workers don't get it if the company keeps it.

With 434,000 employees and these 15 minute glitches being all too common, the total $$ would probably be around $20 million a year. I'm sure none of this goes to bonuses for grab-assing supervisors. Nope.

Yes, it does. A worker making $13/hour would lose $3.25 per incident. Just to show the potential this has, if the company decided to do this to every employee on the same day theoretically, it's about $1.4 MILLION in free labor. The workers don't get it if the company keeps it.

With 434,000 employees and these 15 minute glitches being all too common, the total $$ would probably be around $20 million a year. I'm sure none of this goes to bonuses for grab-assing supervisors. Nope.
What actually happens is that they will try to change start times according to projected volume. Cutting hours on the front end will ultimately add hours on the back end if they ge It is not “free Labor”.

Rack em

Made the Podium

I don't think there are 434,000 union members at Ups. I thought it was somewhere is the 200,000s?

My start time posted on Thursday for this Monday was 4:15 and my sup is texting just now saying to start 4:30. As far as I know start times are to be posted Thursdays for the following week but I don't know if they can change it at the last second. Can this bitch do this?

You should know you are guaranteed 3.5 hours a day. If this bitch says clock in 15 minutes later and your 3.5 hours is within that, then yeah, this bitch can do that. With that being said, if you have some seniority you can easily tell your sup that you want to work the hours and to have someone with less seniority be her little hour shedding bitch.

542thruNthru

What actually happens is that they will try to change start times according to projected volume. Cutting hours on the front end will ultimately add hours on the back end if they ge It is not “free Labor”.

What actually happens is the when the "labor" starts at the original start time. Loads what's available and then loads what comes in late. Which because of the late trailers adds to their hours.

That's why the 15 min matters. Especially in areas that pay OT after 5 hours.

gio16

The start time for us was changed last Thursday, I think. I came in at 5:15a, and when the sup tried to get on me for being 15mins late, saying the start time changed to 5a. Of course, no one notified me! I check the schedule every day before leaving and nada. By the time I get to my drop, the flow is backed up so far, it's jammed. :bsbullf: