Super Committee

What bills ?
The question should be, what to do with all those multi-billions of profits big oil earns here, that would belong to us, instead !

What bills? really? I guess all the equipment and machinery run off of thin air. That doesn't even include all the other costs of operation that have to be paid. Remember you said non profit.

With no profit to work off of, when some sort of equipment in the refinery blows up, where is the money going to some from to replace it? Tax payers!

Here, until recently, we had two electricity providers. One was private owned the other was publicly owned. Our esteemed city council decided to by out the private company's rights to distribute electricity within the city limits. Now we have one provider, the city and the price of electricity has increased 15% in three months since the change over. There has been several other changes that are unacceptable but no where else to buy the juice. No competition is a costly affair.

klein

Für Meno :)
Alberta had the exact opposite happening, and you can google all over the net how unhappy people are because electricty was sold to private companies.
We (us clients and tax payers) did receive a 1 time check of about $200 each (profits from the sale), but power rates went up more then 25% afterwards.

We have a non per profit healthcare system in Canada.

There are many non per profit organisations.

Tell me which Charity would you rather donate to ? Per profit or a non per profit one ?

Where do you think where you could get the best deals. A non per profit store or restaurant, or one that wants profits ?

If you decided to sell veggies and flowers out of your garden as a non per profit hobby, could you keep up with those garden centers that earn a profit, and sell your harvest cheaper ?

I could sell my hotdogs less than a dollar, if I didn't want to earn a profit - but they are minimum $3.50 each. (and I'm cheaper then the competitors) - but I don't stand a chance against a non per profit charity raising event, unless I'm willing to work for free, too.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I could sell my hotdogs less than a dollar, if I didn't want to earn a profit - but they are minimum $3.50 each. (and I'm cheaper then the competitors). "

Your a greedy entity just like the oil companies !!!!!

klein

I go less then the current rate - so that makes me a good guy :)

And, besides all that.. a lot of time and effort goes into it, which I do want to get paid for.

moreluck

golden ticket member

And, besides all that.. a lot of time and effort goes into it, which I do want to get paid for.
Then you understand where the oil company comes from.....no different.

Alberta had the exact opposite happening, and you can google all over the net how unhappy people are because electricty was sold to private companies.
We (us clients and tax payers) did receive a 1 time check of about $200 each (profits from the sale), but power rates went up more then 25% afterwards.

We have a non per profit healthcare system in Canada.

There are many non per profit organisations.

Tell me which Charity would you rather donate to ? Per profit or a non per profit one ?

Where do you think where you could get the best deals. A non per profit store or restaurant, or one that wants profits ?

If you decided to sell veggies and flowers out of your garden as a non per profit hobby, could you keep up with those garden centers that earn a profit, and sell your harvest cheaper ?

I could sell my hotdogs less than a dollar, if I didn't want to earn a profit - but they are minimum $3.50 each. (and I'm cheaper then the competitors) - but I don't stand a chance against a non per profit charity raising event, unless I'm willing to work for free, too.

Uhhh, if they make a profit, they aint no charity..........there are a business.

If I was gowning veggies as a hobby, I would not sell them, what I couldn't use myself would be taken to the food bank or given to neighbors.

island1fox

Klein,
:wink2: I have heard many Company executives and CEO's say the same thing. Of course all of them are liars and thieves who are just interested in making a profit.

klein

I don't earn millions per year !

Go ahead support your republican and Tea-Party, and support a flat-tax , too - a 1 size fits it all tax.
No Nation has ever done that before in history, actually the opposite, went from a flat tax to a fair tax.
Even middle aged Europe (the Kings and Queens) noticed the flat tax wasn't working for them, as the smaller farmers didn't have enough left to eat and couldn't survive and died early or got too sick, while the larger farmers had plenty of left after taxes, and sold the over-supply of their harvest.

What is America today, compared to other industrialized countries ?
Has the richest people by capita, but also has the most people living in poverty by capita.
Has the most healthcare uninsured people.
1 of the lowest education scores.
Plus a huge National debt that is becomming more and more unmanageble.
SS and medicare unsustainable, and soon even those that are retired will become a larger percentage of those living in poverty.

- So keep stealing off the poor and middle-class and give those corperations even more money.
They need it, to build more factories overseas ! They don't care about their own citizens... they care about MONEY !
Speaking of that - who do you think wrote most of the US tax code ? - You guessed it, the big corperations that have all the Washington influence they need.
You and others (the little guys) - had NOTHING to say.
Now they want to rob you with a flat tax, and the funny thing is, people like yourself get fooled and support it !

klein

As long as he keeps hiring really cute females to sell his wares. Which also makes him not an equal employer.

That is so wrong ! Sofar I have only went with the repleys I have gotten.
I have hired a native woman, an overweight women, another native woman (in her 60's), a whole young family (mother, daddy and kid).
I don't even interview the person I hire (well, maybe a little by phone), but they are hired directly by phone call, without even meeting them.
And no - I don't ask for pics !

moreluck

golden ticket member
that is so wrong ! Sofar i have only went with the repleys i have gotten.
I have hired a native woman, an overweight women, another native woman (in her 60's), a whole young family (mother, daddy and kid).
I don't even interview the person i hire (well, maybe a little by phone), but they are hired directly by phone call, without even meeting them.
And no - i don't ask for pics !
a native, what??

That is so wrong ! Sofar I have only went with the repleys I have gotten.
I don't even interview the person I hire (well, maybe a little by phone), but they are hired directly by phone call, without even meeting them.
And no - I don't ask for pics !
Yea yea that's what I would say too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Dems can’t breathe without permission from the unions...............
(The Hill) — AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said Monday that a proposal by Democratic members of the “supercommittee” could undermine President Obama’s jobs campaign.
AFL-CIO Chief Richard Trumka Threatens Dems On Supercommittee…

On a conference call with reporters, the leader of the nation’s largest labor federation said the White House has made job creation the “No. 1 priority” in recent weeks by pushing Congress to pass legislation and issuing executive orders meant to boost the economy….

The AFL-CIO chief said he was surprised that Democrats on the deficit panel proposed cuts to social programs.
“I have personally talked to members of that committee and told them that this was the wrong direction to go in,” Trumka said. “So the question was, was I surprised? Yes, I was surprised to see some of the suggestions coming out of the Democratic side.”

The labor leader noted that the AFL-CIO’s state affiliates pick which candidates to endorse in congressional races. But he said anyone who votes for cuts to social programs would likely risk the support of unions come next election.

“This is the one of things that will be considered when we do endorsements,” Trumka said. “Although I have a tough time envisioning us endorsing people who actually voted for major cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.”

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BREAKING: Dems Walk Away From Deficit Supercommittee…

If these morons can’t get their act together and hammer out a deal it’s the military that’s going to pay the price with draconian cuts set to automatically take effect.

ZIP | Wednesday

If done right that would be okay with me. The US could close 10% of the US bases and half the non-US bases and it would make no difference in the readiness of the US to defend ourselves. And of course the unemployed numbers will go up. There are no easy solutions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If done right that would be okay with me. The US could close 10% of the US bases and half the non-US bases and it would make no difference in the readiness of the US to defend ourselves. And of course the unemployed numbers will go up. There are no easy solutions.
The words in my post are the writer's words........the important ones are the fact that the Dems. walked. Are they gonna call that action "pulling a Madison" now? I agree on the military stuff..........we could lose 60% of foreign bases and save us some big bucks!