Supervisor Delivering Packages - wtf

BigBeef42

I'm a utility driver here on the west coast .. which means I do saturday air driving and can pick up any shifts.. monday through friday as a cover driver

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

In your first post you said UPS will not let you drive on Saturdays. Is that because you do not have enough seniority? And when you file for sup doing Union work ask for top driver rate.

By The Book

Very cool! Thanks dude. I'm heading to my local on monday!

I wish more folks would grow a set when issues rise up. I guess I'll have to do it for everyone.

I've known about him working all week, part time hours.

So can I grieve him working Tuesday through Friday?

Thanks!
Yes, if its within the time frame to file a grievance in your area., If he worked Tuesday through Friday. Sounds like they get away with a lot there, if they just do hourly work. Make them pay that will fix it. They need to ask by seniority all that are qualified, and they can't skip or leave guys out.

UPSGUY72

Casual driver aren't guaranteed any hrs/ work and have no contractual right to file a grievance and or receive pay for a SUP doing union work. They are called casuals for a reason.

BigBeef42

In your first post you said UPS will not let you drive on Saturdays. Is that because you do not have enough seniority? And when you file for sup doing Union work ask for top driver rate.

Last week I was training for utility driver and Sat Air. I passed the class.

My low seniority is keeping me from working Saturdays for the next couple of weeks.

If u can think of anything else that u would do, if u were in my shoes, please mention it.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

Last week I was training for utility driver and Sat Air. I passed the class. I want to drive so badly. Believe it or not....

Also, My low seniority is keeping me from working Saturdays for the next couple of weeks. I'm waiting for other utility drivers to move up to FT.

If u can think of anything else that u would do, if u were in my shoes, please mention it.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

What did the bid or sign up sheet did you sign say ???

Does that mean you went to driving school and passed ????

BigBeef42

Sounds like they get away with a lot there

Dude, management in my building are, wimpy, whiny cheating ...

My Local barely helps us... I doubt they will even file this grievance and I believe that I will not see a penny of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBeef42

So to sum it up-

when I walk into my local union what are the names of the grievances I should file?

What things should I tell them...?

Sent using BrownCafe App

CaliforniaPaul

Dude, management in my building are, wimpy, whiny cheating ba$tards..... and fugging CHEAPA$$ES.

My Local barely helps us... I doubt they will even file this grievance and I completely believe that I will not see a penny of this restitution.

Sent using BrownCafe App
No penny but you'll have a nice target on your back!!!!

UPSGUY72

I'm a utility driver here on the west coast .. which means I do saturday air driving and can pick up any shifts.. monday through friday as a cover driver

Sent using BrownCafe App

You just passed the class your not a utility / Sat Air driver until you actually do the work and get paid that rate and if applicable you make your 30 days...

Your still a want a be at this point...

UPSGUY72

So to sum it up-

when I walk into my local union what are the names of the grievances I should file?

What things should I tell them...?

Sent using BrownCafe App

You need to talk to your steward and get a grievance form and fill it out than turn it in.

Also time to put you big boys pants on and be able to take the heat because your management team will know that your filed a grievance be it valid or not. Although your management team can't do anything about you filing a grievance they can make sure your doing everything correctly.

So before you go stirring the pot make sure that you have all the facts not just what one person told you as they might be baiting you into looking like a A-hole...