Supervisor Hits me

A

all world

I fit happen why don't you just suck it up like a man or are you just 1 more weak, soft, and winey loader? Here is an Idea: Show up the sup by improving your performance!!

hoser

Industrial Slob
I fit happen why don't you just suck it up like a man or are you just 1 more weak, soft, and winey loader? Here is an Idea: Show up the sup by improving your performance!!
yeah! take the abuse! you're an athlete! you're making the big bucks! you wanna stand up for your rights like a pusillanimous-wussy? you want to have a lawyer when talking to a cop? man you're a wimp! SUCK IT UP!

i hate this friend'n macho image projected into the blue collar world. this is so prevalent in my shop. that because i stand up for my rights i'm a whiny little child. that because i file grievances for harassment after my supervisor tells me to friend-off i'm a weakling. that because i won't climb over 10 ft high pile of boxes, i'm the "kid that never climbed trees because it was unsafe".

there are so may people in the world that face that kind of abuse every day with no rights. if i have the rights, i will use what i'm entitled to, no matter what the cesspoolers (like you) yell from the gallows. billions of people drool over those rights. it's an insult to yourself not to use the rights you're entitled to.

all of this assuming the OP was actually deliberately struck by his sup. which, even for ups, is hard to believe.

HazMatMan

I have seen many many rules and regulations bent and the employee/management person has kept their jobs.. You know what they say.... Rules were meant to be broken.....If the rules and regulations were abided by 100% of the times then UPS would lose half its employees, and we all know that...Violence in the work place does not necessarily mean termination.....Although I would say more often that not...

clue11

Tie how could you even ask that? I dont care what he did no one should ever hit another employee (while on the clock at work), You have made sense alot on here, and at times ive disagreed. Now you as a manager come out and ask if the battered employee deserved it? Uncalled for.

Let me ask you kid did you fear for your safety? Ifso call this number 800 220 4126 thats the violence in the workplace hotline, call it tonight. You might want to file police charges also.

Now if you 2 our buddies and it was taken to another level, ask yourself do you want him to lose his job over this. Theres no easy answer but you will have to make it and live with it. Good luck in your decision.
Why didn't you report it right when it happened? You are supposed to report injuries immediately! If that had been done all of this would be over by now. Are you blowing this out of proportion to gain our sympathies?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im going to have to agree with Mr Tieguy on this one. Does he really have to come on the brown cafe for this type of advice?
While to us it sounds cut and dried, and maybe it is a bogus question, but maybe it is not.
To someone entering the workforce, and not knowing the ways of the world, possibly having lead a sheltered life,,,,,,,,,maybe they just dont know what you all do.
Heck of a way to start a work history.
And I would be driving a mint 1968 Dodge Charger.
And shopping for my next month long vaca.

report him to division manager, business agent, local police, and if you are a minority the EEOC.
I have to ask this, why on earth would you go that far back to bring up a thread and add your opinion on something that has been inactive for 8 months? How far back in the archives did you have to go to find this?

atatbl

what probably happened:
i was standing around doing nothing as boxes started piling up so my supervisor jumped in to start loading boxes. i thought it would be funny to obstruct him because it's union work and i don't want supervisors doing union work. so i jumped behind him at the last possible moment while he was frantically loading boxes and my supervisor's wrist struck me in my arm and it's all bruised.

what he says happened:
i was standing around working really hard with my ups shirt that i bought on my own dollar tucked into my pants and for no reason my supervisor who didn't shave this morning struck me in the arm like an animal. i asked him why he did it and he said hail satan and that if i report him he will go after my kitten, fruffy. the bruise was hard for me to perform my after-job volunteer work as a gardener for old people or as a grocery shopper for refugees.

OMG! I'm sorry.... I laughed so friend*ing hard at this! I do not think you will even believe me. I literally burst into laughter when I saw the "who didn't shave this morning part" and then walked away from my computer when I red the "like an animal". This is, by far, the funniest thing I have EVER seen at BC. It is so friend*ing true that I was almost in tears. It was almost embarrassing when I got back and read the "he said hail satan" line and my girlfriend was like "what the friend * * k is so funny?" I thought I was going to have a heart attack I was laughing so loud. I knew it would not even be worth showing her because if you do not work at UPS almost none of it would be funny. Thank you for this. You have almost certainly made my next week. Thanks.

atatbl

yeah! take the abuse! you're an athlete! you're making the big bucks! you wanna stand up for your rights like a pusillanimous-wussy? you want to have a lawyer when talking to a cop? man you're a wimp! SUCK IT UP!

I thought I was done laughing like a maniac and then you do this. You sir, are (without a doubt) the best poster here.

donupsmaninbr

seniormember
threaten by message on diad (Work Place Violence)

I was threaten by my center manager by a message on the diad we had a meeting with HR and Loss prevention.They said it wasnt my Manager but some else and they said they would handel itby taking away his stock and notgive him his bonus but if it would have been a hourly we would have been fired on the spot.I havent dropped the charges on this guy.What doyou guys think?