Supervisor Hits me

W

westsideworma

A situation happened like this in my building not too long ago. A sup and a worker apparently did not get along, had words one day, sup punched him in the face and lost his job.

a supe in our district did that, he was demoted from manager to supervisor, yet still has a job in the company....though he's in IE so he is effectively abusing all of us everyday when you think about it

tieguy

Banned
Tie how could you even ask that? I dont care what he did no one should ever hit another employee (while on the clock at work), You have made sense alot on here, and at times ive disagreed. Now you as a manager come out and ask if the battered employee deserved it? Uncalled for.

Comon Chicago reread my post. I told him to file charges and he does not need to come here to get that answer.

Once that point was made I was curious to get more details on how it happened. I am not in any way trying to make excuses for the sup.

Griff

I'd have to agree with Tieguy for the first time ever. Some of these questions people come here with are absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't take extensive training to know what to do when someone assaults you.

I'd be driving around in a brown Rolls Royce if this happened to me.

local804

I'd have to agree with Tieguy for the first time ever. Some of these questions people come here with are absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't take extensive training to know what to do when someone assaults you.

I'd be driving around in a brown Rolls Royce if this happened to me.

Agreed, there is alot of bogus questions from the non registered users a little too much lately.

brown67

Call the police and report the assault now. Get statements from witnesses and take photos of the bruise. File a grievance tomorrow with your steward.

over9five

Staff member
"there is alot of bogus questions from the non registered users a little too much lately."

Ditto that. I keep wondering if it's the same poster making stuff up.

HazMatMan

a supe in our district did that, he was demoted from manager to supervisor, yet still has a job in the company....though he's in IE so he is effectively abusing all of us everyday when you think about it

A situation happened like this in my building not too long ago. A sup and a worker apparently did not get along, had words one day, sup punched him in the face and lost his job.

Update on my post about sup getting fired. Rumor has it that he did get his job back but is in a different building. Just a rumor though.

trickpony1

Update on my post about sup getting fired. Rumor has it that he did get his job back but is in a different building. Just a rumor though.

How does that work? :confused:1
If it had been an hourly that struck a management, do you actually believe the hourly would have gotten his job back?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Call the police and report the assault now. Get statements from witnesses and take photos of the bruise. File a grievance tomorrow with your steward.

I didnt even look at this thread for a while coz I thought it looked pretty :ohmy: different. Which I guess if its the case, registered is not better.

If it truly happened, say on the street, would you go to the DOJ, for advice? I would like to see a follow up, til then....Id surely come here to discuss it after the fact, I wouldnt wait for advice tho.

If it truly happened, he/she is obviously not able to control stress well, probaly beats the spouse and or kids. Ive never hit anyone FIRST, but I have hit them last. Thats what I would have done and that is called delf-defense. Also called fight or flight. No matter where you are, no one has the right to put their hands on you, or hit you. Bullies dont like it when you hit back.

UPS Lifer

My supervisor hit me because i missorted a box and the main guys keep yelling at him not me, and gave me a big bruise on my arm. How would I report him.

Sorry, I don't buy this one... If there were witnesses and this was real - he would have plenty of advice on how to proceed. :tongue_sm

rapidrandall

slow but sure
My supervisor hit me because i missorted a box and the main guys keep yelling at him not me, and gave me a big bruise on my arm. How would I report him.

This post brings up lots of questions. It has been almost two weeks since daniel895 posted this question and he has not posted an update as to what has transpired since that day. This leads me to believe his post was made to just stir up trouble. There are stewards in every building and even the worst of stewards would understand that something this serious needs to be addressed.

Cole

It is violence in the workplace. Some former managers tried to tell us cussing could be considered violence, so you have a clear cut case of it.

HazMatMan

It is violence in the workplace. Some former managers tried to tell us cussing could be considered violence, so you have a clear cut case of it.

I guess if I am standing there telling a sup that I am going to Fu***ng kill him then that could be violence.

P

PTSupNJ

Yep. In fact I've seen 4 of them now and they all got their jobs back.

I guess you must be in Secaucus tieguy. I have already seen ft sups quit because the person wasnt fired for putting their hands on them.

hoser

Industrial Slob
what probably happened:
i was standing around doing nothing as boxes started piling up so my supervisor jumped in to start loading boxes. i thought it would be funny to obstruct him because it's union work and i don't want supervisors doing union work. so i jumped behind him at the last possible moment while he was frantically loading boxes and my supervisor's wrist struck me in my arm and it's all bruised.

what he says happened:
i was standing around working really hard with my ups shirt that i bought on my own dollar tucked into my pants and for no reason my supervisor who didn't shave this morning struck me in the arm like an animal. i asked him why he did it and he said hail satan and that if i report him he will go after my kitten, fruffy. the bruise was hard for me to perform my after-job volunteer work as a gardener for old people or as a grocery shopper for refugees.