Supervisor is changing my time code without permission.

Azazyle

Last Friday I had a really good day and despite being dispatched an 8.5 day I got in under 8. When I checked the time cards on Monday my time code had been changed from 06 (full time) to 05 (Paid actual). Not only did I not get my guarantee 8 for the day, but from what I understand, I lost out on my bonus as well. I'm filling out a grievance and for the life of my I cant figure out what articles to file under. Any suggestions?

Ha...yea that seems to happen a lot because of "miscommunications" ups is able to track who made changes to any time card stuff...I'm sure you could make a big deal if you wanted...I've never had any sort of issue getting it fixed asap without needing my steward.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Last Friday I had a really good day and despite being dispatched an 8.5 day I got in under 8. When I checked the time cards on Monday my time code had been changed from 06 (full time) to 05 (Paid actual). Not only did I not get my guarantee 8 for the day, but from what I understand, I lost out on my bonus as well. I'm filling out a grievance and for the life of my I cant figure out what articles to file under. Any suggestions?
What Regional Supplement, or Local Rider are you under?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
17 and 37 of the master. And include the phrase "any that may apply " in your grievance

onestoptogo

This has been happening at my Center lately, especially if you have a 8 hour request. I asked my Sup who changed me to code 5 and he looked at me like a deer in the headlights and said he did not know. If you don't speak up they will try and get away with this - make them change it back. Did not have to file a grievance to get this corrected, but I would have.

Last edited:

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
We've had Mgt people terminated for this. Whenever a time card is changed, I think there is digital fingerprint(for lack of a better term). The deer in the headlight look, in my experience is an admission of guilt.

Gotout

Ok, so here's the deal. You can make this as ugly as you want. At a minimum your BA can use this to keep someone else from being termed on an Article 52 violation (dishonesty). Your center management team has done something dishonest, so the BA has leverage.

The easiest and quietest way to resolve this would be to go to HR and ask nicely to have them chance it back. "It's too late" is incorrect. They can submit a prior period adjustment in Time&Labor.

The next is a grievance. Also, have a steward file a "request for documentation". You will need to ask for the "GTS Edit Log with Original and Changes" for the date in question.

Last would be a call to the Ethics Hotline. Depending on who actually changed it and how much you Division Manager hates them, it could easily get them fired.

The silly part is that this edit would really change the center stats very little. It the scenario you described you would still have scratched.

But why listen to me, I GotOut

DOK

You'll still get the bonus under code 05

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
It's amazing about all the games played by CMs.
On Black Friday (which is a double time day) we were all told to punch 05 in our boards. When I returned my center manager told me to change my code 3C. I didn't and punched out. He changed it and I didn't know. When I looked at my check I didn't get the double time hours. It was easy for me to solve this simply by talking to my steward. My steward said "he took care of that", and the center manager never spoke to me again.

edit- I just realized that (center manager) was auto-corrected to center manager! What the??