Supervisor is changing my time code without permission.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My DIAD is set at Code 06 and I get guarantee pay every day. If they were to change the code to 05 I would lose that guarantee pay.

I thought, if you finished in less than 8, but did not tell anyone or ask for more work, you forfeited your 8 hour guarantee.

Not in the Central.

"Each full-time employee put to work shall have a daily guarantee of eight (8) hours of work. Any full-time employee reporting to work and not put to work shall receive six (6) hours’ guarantee. The guarantee may be broken by request of the employee using the appropriate company code."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

The only way you can forfeit your 8, is if you punch in late.

Never heard that one. It must be a Local thing.

-Bug-

Not in the Central.

"Each full-time employee put to work shall have a daily guarantee of eight (8) hours of work. Any full-time employee reporting to work and not put to work shall receive six (6) hours’ guarantee. The guarantee may be broken by request of the employee using the appropriate company code."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

Never heard that one. It must be a Local thing.

-Bug-
I've never seen them enforce it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Locally if we are less than 5 minutes late they will look the other way. Anything beyond that and we also lose our daily guarantee.

Is that contract.... Or, an accepted practice ?

Here, more than 15 minutes late (supposedly) the company is not obligated to work you.

But.... I have never seen anything in writing. Even at the Local, State, or JAC level.

-Bug-

undies

Hmm, for me we have to let them know we want our guarantee before driving in so they can either give us more work or accept the free payday to us. Maybe I need to look into this.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've heard if you work under 8 the guarantee pay shows up but not the bonus. It's probably different everywhere though.
If I have a 9 hour dispatch and work 7 hours and 45 minutes I get paid 7 45 straight time, 15 guarantee straight time and 1 hour bonus at time and a half.