Supervisor school

Nah
Supervisor initiation room is is down the hall from the upstairs locker room...

They walk in head held high.

They walk out head down low.

Shame.
I was walking by a manager's office once. Lot's of screaming. I think I heard a supervisor inside get murdered. He was never seen again, anyway.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A few years ago we on the Safety Committee were invited to speak with the DM on the morning Conference Call. Evidently the DM either forgot or didnt care and it was absolutely WONDERFUL hearing him chew out our management team,yelling about them being utterly incompetent,threating their jobs etc etc. I had tear in my eyes and it was ALL i could do to keep from bursting into laughter . The center manager couldn;t tell us to leave as it would interrupt the Godlike DM . It was absolutely one of the best days of my career at UPS

34yearpackagehumper

Why do nice guys and ex drivers change so much, after completing supervisor school?

Wonder what there Taught?
Sad though ! You almost have to be a jerk to make it as a supervisor at big brown. That's why I stayed a PC driver for 34 years. Every ex sup in my area has the same story when I see them " I wish I had stayed a driver ." My response to them is "you put the tie on" end of story .

textat3

In supervisor school, the new sups are each given a puppy. The puppy goes everywhere with them for the entire class. They are instructed that the final task of class is to go home and murder the puppy in front of their kids. Whoever kills the puppy in the most sadistic way wins the “Top Gun” award. I have heard of some very disturbing causes of death. One sup even went so far as BBQ the dog and brought It into work and fed it to the center for safety recognition. The drivers were told it was brisket if I remember correctly. Another had no kids so he killed it with a machete at a neighborhood school bus stop. There are other disturbing stories out there and videos of some on the dark web. One sup actually murdered his kids and let the dog live. I believe he became a Division Manager right away. The moral of the story is this. Being a UPS sup sucks. You are paid more than most of your non UPS friends, but you work way more and you are like 26 and depressed. Run from this place. The guy who trained me went to a prestigious University on the East Coast….left here after a few years and is now a firefighter. This job sucks….look around at all these other capable folks you supervise who make 150k driving a brown truck with an unbelievable fat pension….you are molded to think “what is wrong with them” when you should be thinking ”what is wrong with me”.

PT Car Washer

In supervisor school, the new sups are each given a puppy. The puppy goes everywhere with them for the entire class. They are instructed that the final task of class is to go home and murder the puppy in front of their kids. Whoever kills the puppy in the most sadistic way wins the “Top Gun” award. I have heard of some very disturbing causes of death. One sup even went so far as BBQ the dog and brought It into work and fed it to the center for safety recognition. The drivers were told it was brisket if I remember correctly. Another had no kids so he killed it with a machete at a neighborhood school bus stop. There are other disturbing stories out there and videos of some on the dark web. One sup actually murdered his kids and let the dog live. I believe he became a Division Manager right away. The moral of the story is this. Being a UPS sup sucks. You are paid more than most of your non UPS friends, but you work way more and you are like 26 and depressed. Run from this place. The guy who trained me went to a prestigious University on the East Coast….left here after a few years and is now a firefighter. This job sucks….look around at all these other capable folks you supervise who make 150k driving a brown truck with an unbelievable fat pension….you are molded to think “what is wrong with them” when you should be thinking ”what is wrong with me”.
I have often asked myself this same question. Work right next to someone and become if not friends at least respected. They become a PT or FT sup and all of a sudden you are the enemy.

Zowert

Supervision in itself demands conflict. The people you supervise are not your friends, they are your subordinates. This doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk in a leadership role, so why are a lot of supervisors at UPS that way? You can flip a coin on straight up sociopathy or lack of education and it will land on its edge. Sups at my center are pretty chill but I’ve heard of some raging d-bags elsewhere.

Also, they’re supervising union employees. They don’t have the power over us like a supervisor would at a non-union shop. Not being able to fire you for telling them to go to hell probably makes them angry.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Supervision in itself demands conflict. The people you supervise are not your friends, they are your subordinates. This doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk in a leadership role, so why are a lot of supervisors at UPS that way? You can flip a coin on straight up sociopathy or lack of education and it will land on its edge. Sups at my center are pretty chill but I’ve heard of some raging d-bags elsewhere.

Also, they’re supervising union employees. They don’t have the power over us like a supervisor would at a non-union shop. Not being able to fire you for telling them to go to hell probably makes them angry.
In private you can tell them to go eff themselves. I did, many times. As long as there’s no witnesses your good.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

they get trained to be that way. Us vs them mentality. You don’t have to be someone friend but a mutual respect goes a long way. People would be willing to work hard if you treated them right.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
It’s because they have to prepare for the reality that drivers know they are failed drivers and ultimately can’t do our job.

“My body was falling apart”
“They gave me a great offer”
“My wife said I should”

They won’t ever get respect unless they play the game with the young bucks who are dumb enough to be on social media and stuff with them.

Love the new ones that come through and try and rock the boat. They learn quick that they can’t do things their way and the misery starts. 😂

That beginner phase lmao. A year in and they look completely broken.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Or drag your personal belongings alongside their car
IMG_2561.gif