Supervisor school

Whither

Scofflaw
Why do nice guys and ex drivers change so much, after completing supervisor school?

Wonder what there Taught?
They drank the kool-aid per CYA; their livelihood depends on it.

So, we already know UPS trains FT supes re: how to manipulate and to collect any data they can about us. It's our task to counter that. Friends don't let friends go into mgmt. If they do anyway, it's nothing personal but the friendship is as good as done.

Brownwind

Why do nice guys and ex drivers change so much, after completing supervisor school?

Wonder what there Taught?
It’s old school, outdated and irrelevant to the younger work force. Don’t get to stressed about it. Work as directed and cash the fat check. Protect your reputation and that of the company. The sideshow offered by the newly minted sups are a bonus.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They drank the kool-aid per CYA; their livelihood depends on it.

So, we already know UPS trains FT supes re: how to manipulate and to collect any data they can about us. It's our task to counter that. Friends don't let friends go into mgmt. If they do anyway, it's nothing personal but the friendship is as good as done.
I know FT supes that have been fired for cocaine use, stealing prescription drugs out of package cars, inappropriate relationships with female coworkers, even one who is on trial for murder and will likely get the death penalty. It’s almost as if UPS seeks this kind of behavior out to be the people to lecture you about integrity and work ethic.

Brownwind

I know FT supes that have been fired for cocaine use, stealing prescription drugs out of package cars, inappropriate relationships with female coworkers, even one who is on trial for murder and will likely get the death penalty. It’s almost as if UPS seeks this kind of behavior out to be the people to lecture you about integrity and work ethic.
Record profits every quarter. We’re doing well 👍. ( sorry about that. Your post was a bummer)

HavenoEDD

It’s because they have to prepare for the reality that drivers know they are failed drivers and ultimately can’t do our job.

“My body was falling apart”
“They gave me a great offer”
“My wife said I should”

They won’t ever get respect unless they play the game with the young bucks who are dumb enough to be on social media and stuff with them.

Love the new ones that come through and try and rock the boat. They learn quick that they can’t do things their way and the misery starts. 😂

Whither

Scofflaw
That's wild but, as you said, sociopathy and ambition for leadership roles go hand in hand. And we have plenty of history to confirm it.

Whither

Scofflaw
It’s because they have to prepare for the reality that drivers know they are failed drivers and ultimately can’t do our job.

“My wife said I should”

They won’t ever get respect unless they play the game with the young bucks who are dumb enough to be on social media and stuff with them.

Love the new ones that come through and try and rock the boat. They learn quick that they can’t do things their way and the misery starts. 😂
In the neighboring center there are two 30 day "wonders" (both would've been DQed as FT drivers ... accidents, service failures, failed to scratch, etc) and one who spent less than 10 months as a 22.4 -- the last could do the job but he was a shell-shocked pandemic driver still running scared.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

“My wife said I should”

They’re not real men. Sorry.

Yeet

That's wild but, as you said, sociopathy and ambition for leadership roles go hand in hand. And we have plenty of history to confirm it.
It’s the complete disregard for other people, their lives, their families, that makes a “good” candidate for a leader. The goal being at the forefront and it doesn’t matter to them who gets trampled underfoot to achieve it. The problem is these people also tend to be complete :censored2:s and don’t really care about the success of the company, only their success. It’s not all of them, just like we have some bad apples in our ranks, but they will eventually hang themselves with their own noose.

Whither

Scofflaw
It’s the complete disregard for other people, their lives, their families, that makes a “good” candidate for a leader. The goal being at the forefront and it doesn’t matter to them who gets trampled underfoot to achieve it. The problem is these people also tend to be complete :censored2:s and don’t really care about the success of the company, only their success. It’s not all of them, just like we have some bad apples in our ranks, but they will eventually hang themselves with their own noose.
Yep. And the company encourages all of that, including individual motivation potentially at the expense of the operation. We all can see how they don't communicate (or understand one another when they try), let alone across gaps between ops (e.g., one supe to another, one center to another, preload to pkg car, the sorts to feeders, etc).

Yeet

Yep. And the company encourages all of that, including individual motivation potentially at the expense of the operation. We all can see how they don't communicate (or understand one another when they try), let alone across gaps between ops (e.g., one supe to another, one center to another, preload to pkg car, the sorts to feeders, etc).
There is zero communication. I’ve told them this. There have been multiple situations where I would tell dispatch something important and lo and behold the next dispatch shift would call me asking the same question.

Whither

Scofflaw
There is zero communication. I’ve told them this. There have been multiple situations where I would tell dispatch something important and lo and behold the next dispatch shift would call me asking the same question.
Yep, we work for the same company lol

ITS ALL ABOUT THE BONUS
🧔‍♂️✊
iOizewpB0aJB6.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Supervisor initiation room is is down the hall from the upstairs locker room...

They walk in head held high.

They walk out head down low.

Shame.