Supervisors confronting employees who are watching them work

Yes you did say #2. In the stealing time thread, you said that the BA would trade your job for another grievance. You said that. I think you said the BA would find that person to be a "PIA"? Or POS? Whatever, you insinuated that a BA would sell you out. You'd make a good manager.

File early, file often.

Oh, ok, I did say that in THAT thread. In order to avoid confusion maybe address it in that thread. That said, to quickly settle this, yes the guy in that thread being a constant PIA to both the union and UPS will he traded off in exchange for a good employee who got in trouble for a different issue. You may not feel it is right but it happens.

As far as you calling me management , on Sunday you should thank whomever you call God that I'm not in management.

It means he would bring a level of accountability which they are not used to.

It means I would be a fair mgr who would go to the mat for his good employees but heaven help the "stealing time/ NI1 elevator not working/ stand around watching sups working yet not using the open door policy to bring it to my attention" type.

I've been around long enough to to see all the things debated on this forum happen and how they end up being resolved either in a pro-UPS or a pro-union fashion.
He calls me management because I'm honest in my opinion and it's not the one he wants to hear.

gorilla75jdw

"I WISH " a member of management of any level would CONFRONT me for investigating a supervisor working . I as a steward do have more privileges than a regular hourly , in the capacity of a steward and investigating infractions of our contract . Needless to say , I am a nobody , but I am certainly not a wuss . Please give me some attention at "the Creek"" , by my username , any employee of UPS at my location knows of me . Help me to help you understand how things can work round these parts .

Sent using BrownCafe App

bsmart

"I WISH " a member of management of any level would CONFRONT me for investigating a supervisor working . I as a steward do have more privileges than a regular hourly , in the capacity of a steward and investigating infractions of our contract . Needless to say , I am a nobody , but I am certainly not a wuss . Please give me some attention at "the Creek"" , by my username , any employee of UPS at my location knows of me . Help me to help you understand how things can work round these parts .

Sent using BrownCafe App

Just because you are a steward doesn't give you the right to walk all over the building looking for infractions or "investigating"... But if you came to me and said that you needed to check something out about sups working then I would gladly walk with you to said area and we could both observe and investigate....

And I would probably make sure you were punched in because heaven forbid you stump your toe on the way back there....

gorilla75jdw

Just because you are a steward doesn't give you the right to walk all over the building looking for infractions or "investigating"... But if you came to me and said that you needed to check something out about sups working then I would gladly walk with you to said area and we could both observe and investigate....

And I would probably make sure you were punched in because heaven forbid you stump your toe on the way back there....

Actually Bsmart , being a steward does give me the right to walk around our facility whenever I want to and investigate infractions . Not that I'm some kind of A-hole , but nobody is going to be overstepping on me either .
One reason I know what I'm allowed to do as a steward is because I was taken out of service while investigating supervisors working on a different shift than mine . I was put back into service 3 days later and given back pay. After reinstated I filed a grievance on the fact that I wasn't allowed to investigate infractions as a steward off the clock . Well that grievance went to an arbitrator after it it couldn't be settled at the center or local level, or at the panel either.Ended up going to an arbitrator and I won with the arbitrator . Therefore as a steward I know my rights and the company does too. Thanks , have a nice day .

Sent using BrownCafe App

gorilla75jdw

Wrong. It blows my mind how little information sups have about the contract and labor relations law.

EXACTLY bro . I don't know if it's a supervisor or member of management but sure does act like it .
If it walks like a duck
If it quacks like a duck
It's got to be duck .

Sent using BrownCafe App

preload1

It's my understanding that one hour before and one hour after your shift, you're allowed in the building. But I'm guessing on that.
And you guessed wrong my friend. You are expected to be at your work location, package car, feeder unload, air can etc. at your scheduled start time. After punching out you are required to exit the facility unless you are instructed to stay by a full time management person or if you need to speak to your fulltime supervisor or manager.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And you guessed wrong my friend. You are expected to be at your work location, package car, feeder unload, air can etc. at your scheduled start time. After punching out you are required to exit the facility unless you are instructed to stay by a full time management person or if you need to speak to your fulltime supervisor or manager.
Where is that written? Our hub has an indoor basketball hoop set up and a big break room. People come into work and spend an hour easy playing or hanging out in the break room watching TV and not a damn is given.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

The employee must be given one hour to report to work.

Anytime in that hour you may be on the premises and we have fifteen minutes to vacate the property (exit the facility, not the parking lot).

Leaving quicker than that allotment and coming in an hour before scheduled start time is never monitored unless the management's trying to hide something.
Our buildings are so small anyway that you could probably just look around for the information you needed
I thought he wasn't allowed to look around.

I'm sure the steward would come to the manager in charge to discuss why the supes are doing hourly work because he has to before he files on it.

Why don't you supervisors man up and go to the stewards to explain why you are going to be doing hourly work BEFORE the fight starts?

Talk about open communication?!

Lead by example. Unless your hand is stuck in the cookie jar and you like it that way.

gorilla75jdw

The employee must be given one hour to report to work.

Anytime in that hour you may be on the premises and we have fifteen minutes to vacate the property (exit the facility, not the parking lot).

Leaving quicker than that allotment and coming in an hour before scheduled start time is never monitored unless the management's trying to hide something.

I thought he wasn't allowed to look around.

I'm sure the steward would come to the manager in charge to discuss why the supes are doing hourly work because he has to before he files on it.

Why don't you supervisors man up and go to the stewards to explain why you are going to be doing hourly work BEFORE the fight starts?

Talk about open communication?!

Lead by example. Unless your hand is stuck in the cookie jar and you like it that way.

Seriously , what planet are you guys from :a steward must approach management before filing a supervisor working grievance lol . That is funny .
Damn the torpedoes , file your Grievances now and talk about it later.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He calls me management because I'm honest in my opinion and it's not the one he wants to hear.

And you call me ignorant for the same reasons.

File early, file often.
Where is that written? Our hub has an indoor basketball hoop set up and a big break room. People come into work and spend an hour easy playing or hanging out in the break room watching TV and not a damn is given.

Sent using BrownCafe App
They have the tv and hoops to get people to come to work..guess its working..

10 point

Seriously , what planet are you guys from :a steward must approach management before filing a supervisor working grievance lol . That is funny .
Damn the torpedoes , file your Grievances now and talk about it later.

Sent using BrownCafe App
"Seriously", the contract says so.
It's been brought up in hearings when protocol wasn't followed and our local's grievance forms make you fill out that exact info to prove protocol was followed.

It's about following the language we legally have to adhere to.
It won't change the outcome for a supes working grvnce but it's better to follow the language by habit.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Actually, I wasn't guessing and wasn't wrong. If what you said is remotely true, management would be sending home the drivers who come in and mingle in the centers off-the-clock at 7am every day.