Supervisors working preload

Boston25

Stacking is still part of union members job on the preload so therefore supervisors are working when they shouldn’t.
Supervisors should be doing their job and supervising the operation to make sure it is running safe. So if they are “helping” you and working then they aren’t doing their own job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
As an up-to-date paid in full union member. I have no issues with supervisors helping handle packages! Don’t care what the contract says, will always back the sups in this situation. You must be a slow loader or on a slow belt. If you’re keeping the belt moving and aren’t stacking, you’re doing you’re job. If you can’t keep up, then you’re not. Then the Sups have to help for safety! Stacking isn’t loading.

you sound like a scab Jack

As an up-to-date paid in full union member. I have no issues with supervisors helping handle packages! Don’t care what the contract says, will always back the sups in this situation. You must be a slow loader or on a slow belt. If you’re keeping the belt moving and aren’t stacking, you’re doing you’re job. If you can’t keep up, then you’re not. Then the Sups have to help for safety! Stacking isn’t loading.
And this is the future of our union

Dear lord.

Inputnamehere

think what you want - I don’t care. If a supervisor starts ‘helping’ me because I get stacked out I’m going to to file and get paid for the time that they ‘helped’

fwiw, I don’t get stacked out, and my circumstance isn’t because people are behind on their work. At my center they will literally send union members home, then have supervisors scanning/ splitting/ unloading/ loading.

There is much more to this than just union members slacking off. Supervisors very often get spiteful and assign a large workload to those they don’t like to cause them to get stacked out. If an employee needs help, a union member needs to help-plain and simple, or it can and should be grieved.

think what you want - I don’t care. If a supervisor starts ‘helping’ me because I get stacked out I’m going to to file and get paid for the time that they ‘helped’

fwiw, I don’t get stacked out, and my circumstance isn’t because people are behind on their work. At my center they will literally send union members home, then have supervisors scanning/ splitting/ unloading/ loading.

There is much more to this than just union members slacking off. Supervisors very often get spiteful and assign a large workload to those they don’t like to cause them to get stacked out. If an employee needs help, a union member needs to help-plain and simple, or it can and should be grieved.
How does one get stacked out? If you’re stacking, you’re not loading. You’re a loader, not a stacker.

My facility sends people home early as well. Newbies even get an occasional day off. There is always more than 1 union member in the facility. One thing that union employees don’t like is help thy neighbor. If I see the trucks next to me are stacking. I help. A supervisor handling a package or packages is for your safety.

Another issue concerning stacking and safety. Do you know why UPS uses a waste height conveyor belt? So you don’t have to BEND over all the time to pick things up! Stacking is bending over constantly to load packages which can create major back issues! Safety folks!

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Hi, I work preload in the Western / UPstate NY supplement.

Supervisors have "helped" handle packages in one way or another for 10-20 minutes at a time multiple times a day since I can remember, though I know this shouldn't be happening at all. It's become the norm for so long that nobody really does anything. Our steward refuses to take grievances for all these times supervisors are working because of the sheer volume of grievances... Too bad, that's what a steward does!

Anyways, my question is are their provisions in the contract for when a center is short staffed. 2 people were fired from preload - one end of last week, and one beginning this week. 2 supervisions worked virtually the entire shift.

3 questions:

What can I do if the steward refuses to take the grievances each time a supervisor is working? ( he claims the BA doesn't want grievances for small things like this)

Is there language in the contract that allows supervisors to work when short staffed?

If 2 supervisors are working at the same time, does the grievance amount increase?

Thanks
Just take a picture of the sup working Rec him working, take a picture of your shop steward to get your local newspaper is about 30 dollars to post and send a message to your local.

Inputnamehere

My facility sends people home early as well. Newbies even get an occasional day off. There is always more than 1 union member in the facility. One thing that union employees don’t like is help thy neighbor. If I see the trucks next to me are stacking. I help. A supervisor handling a package or packages is for your safety.

Boy you must be managements favorite. Do you offer handies to supes in your truck also?

Nah

No.