Supplement status

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Be interesting to know the percentage of full timers that voted, we were only about 6% shy of a 50% turnout in the Atlantic so maybe if every full timer had voted it would have been enough.
Nope, I'm afraid the script has been completely revealed.

Not only does every full timer have to vote, so does at least 15% of the indegent part time work force....and not only on the first offer, but with each subsequent offer as well.

If not, these supplements will be ratified with the new found clarity of the IBT Constitution's 50%/two-thirds rule that somehow didn't exist or apply in 2013-14.

Then, when the remaining indigents have been separated from the herd, the IBT will just impose the standing offers from the Company (per Art 12, sec 6)...."in the best interest of the IBT and it's subordinate bodies", a notion clearly demonstrated in 2013-14.

In my opinion, it must all be torn down and rebuilt before it's too late, or the IBT must have leaders in place to "interpret" the present language to fit the "autonomy" and vocational demographics of each contract.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If not, these supplements will be ratified with the new found clarity of the IBT Constitution's 50%/two-thirds rule that somehow didn't exist or apply in 2013-14.

Then, when the remaining indigents have been separated from the herd, the IBT will just impose the standing offers from the Company (per Art 12, sec 6)...."in the best interest of the IBT and it's subordinate bodies", a notion clearly demonstrated in 2013-14.

Haven't we covered this multiple times ?

In 2013 the master passed.

So, negotiations were required by the IBT constitution on the supplements that

were voted down. When it became readily apparent, those remaining supplements

would never pass (because of the TeamCare situation)

That is when the IBT executive board, amended the constitution.

This is like a broken record....

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Haven't we covered this multiple times ?

In 2013 the master passed.

So, negotiations were required by the IBT constitution on the supplements that

were voted down. When it became readily apparent, those remaining supplements

would never pass (because of the TeamCare situation)

That is when the IBT executive board, amended the constitution.

This is like a broken record....

-Bug-
No, you pick and choose what nuances you want to acknowledge, as if the Master passing is spelled out as some sort of caveat in the IBT Constitution in regards to failed supplements???

So let me phrase it as "close to home" as I can, ignoring the many other similarly failed supplements then and now:

Why wasn't the Central Region Supplement not ratified under the "50%/two-thirds rule" when it was voted down by less that 50% of the membership in 2013, then subsequently renegotiated and ratified with improvements???

....while in 2018, after the very same supplement was again voted down, again with less than 50% of the membership voting, was it considered ratified???

Your Jedi mind tricks and slight of hand doesn't work with me.

~Bbbl~™

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
No, you pick and choose what nuances you want to acknowledge, as if the Master passing is spelled out as some sort of caveat in the IBT Constitution in regards to failed supplements???

So let me phrase it as "close to home" as I can, ignoring the many other similarly failed supplements then and now:

Why wasn't the Central Region Supplement not ratified under the "50%/two-thirds rule" when it was voted down by less that 50% of the membership in 2013, and subsequently renegotiated and ratified with improvements???

....while in 2018, after the same supplement was again voted down, again with less than 50% of the membership voting, was it considered ratified???

Your Jedi mind tricks and slight of hand doesn't work with me.

~Bbbl~™
Merry Christmas!!!!
42570E28-FCCB-4FEE-B95C-931D508E9675.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No, you pick and choose what nuances you want to acknowledge, as if the Master passing is spelled out as some sort of caveat in the IBT Constitution in regards to failed supplements?

Well....

Yes it is.

In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement. The master negotiating committee shall assist the supplemental negotiating committee when bargaining resumes with the employer in an effort to resolve the issues. In the event the parties cannot reach a negotiated settlement, the master negotiating committee shall have the authority to determine the appropriate action to be taken.

https://teamster.filecamp.com/0/teamster/binary/25np-re7bjk5k.pdf

What's not to understand ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement. The master negotiating committee shall assist the supplemental negotiating committee when bargaining resumes with the employer in an effort to resolve the issues. In the event the parties cannot reach a negotiated settlement, the master negotiating committee shall have the authority to determine the appropriate action to be taken.

What's not to understand ?

-Bug-
We don't understand why the above bold print didn't happened???

~Bbbl~™

JustDeliverIt

Are any of the rejected supplements having any negotiations or is everything on hold until after Christmas?

Just had our local meeting tonight (Upstate NY Supplement). Our BA said he just received a final copy back from the IBT today. Balloting is going to be electronic but there had been no timetable set for the revote. Hope this lack of information helps.

browned out

Nope, I'm afraid the script has been completely revealed.

Not only does every full timer have to vote, so does at least 15% of the indegent part time work force....and not only on the first offer, but with each subsequent offer as well.

In my opinion, it must all be torn down and rebuilt before it's too late, or the IBT must have leaders in place to "interpret" the present language to fit the "autonomy" and vocational demographics of each contract.

If They attempt to force the supplement thru in Metro Detroit; The same constitution that the Hoffa Slapdicks have been abusing will be their downfall. Charges will be forthcoming. Forcing thru Metro Detroit's Rider is not in the best interest of the union or the members. These jokers have already sealed their fate of being voted out in the upcoming local election. They did not fulfill their Duty of Fair Representation during contract negotiations at the National level, the Central Region level or the Metro Detroit level.

The Bell tolls for these criminals. The leadership at almost every level of the union will need to be torn down and rebuilt by hard working Teamsters who realize what this union once represented.

JustDeliverIt

Cool. I'm hearing that "some" are standing up against this crap supplement out your way. I am from 687- where the "lead negotiator" is. Yay. Total joke again this time around. Hope you guys get some lake effect so you get a white Christmas.

Waiting to see the changes but not expecting much. As for the snow, it can come Christmas morning. Driving has been relatively smooth so far and want to keep it that way.