No negotiations until 22nd!?

HavenoEDD

All we heard was that we’re not negotiating the master until ALL supplementals are done.

Then when the master contract negotiation date came and two locals hadn’t been ratified the excuse to begin the national was that time was running out and bargaining was to begin.

Only that now after one week of negotiations here’s the announcement that the national negotiations are done until the 22nd!?

Not a lot of time left to get things done, out to the members, voting, potentially more negotiations…

Can’t be having the excuse closer to the deadline that “we ran out of time”.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All we heard was that we’re not negotiating the master until ALL supplementals are done.

Then when the master contract negotiation date came and two locals hadn’t been ratified the excuse to begin the national was that time was running out and bargaining was to begin.

Only that now after one week of negotiations here’s the announcement that the national negotiations are done until the 22nd!?

Not a lot of time left to get things done, out to the members, voting, potentially more negotiations…

You can’t expect these boys to work everyday that negotiating is hard work

DriverNerd

They've been going every day, all day for a month now. They've started on the national and submitted their proposal to UPS. Now they're going to take a break, let everyone rest, let UPS go over the proposals, then reconvene and go back to long days. I think 10 days is a bit much, but they do need some time off.

ContainmentIssue

And of course the full-time driver salaries was mentioned

Or did she say anything about her make a 19 million dollars last year...
I figure she threw the driver wages in to gain favor for the company from the public if we do end up striking. She's hoping for people on the outside to think something like "I can't believe you driver's make that much money and still strike, we need our trinkets from China so get back to work". It's not always about the money, and most of the negotiations are for things other than salary i.e. life/work balance, public doesn't get that.

I figure she threw the driver wages in to gain favor for the company from the public if we do end up striking. She's hoping for people on the outside to think something like "I can't believe you driver's make that much money and still strike, we need our trinkets from China so get back to work". It's not always about the money, and most of the negotiations are for things other than salary i.e. life/work balance, public doesn't get that.
But she never matches her wages she mentioned the only fraction to people make that top dollar driving rate.
Unfortunately too many employees look at this the raises and they did not look at the other things that will affect their career for the rest of their lives

PT Car Washer

But she never matches her wages she mentioned the only fraction to people make that top dollar driving rate.
Unfortunately too many employees look at this the raises and they did not look at the other things that will affect their career for the rest of their lives
Of course Carol mentioned the top delivery driver wages and not the 2/3's of UPS Teamsters that earn minimum wages with no benefits.

FozziesDeliveries

I was thinking about the delay in the national... this could also be a way to put pressure on the company to finally finish up the two outstanding suppliments that they seem to keep dragging their feet on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Try and keep in mind that these negotiating committees are made up of principal officers and agents from across the country, many of which who also sit on the supplemental committees for there perspective areas and have been negotiating those supplements for months already.

Also, lets not forget that these officers and agents also typically represent more than just UPS employees, as does the General President and Secretary Treasurer who are personally overseeing these negotiations?

They can't just pretend that they don't have other teamsters to represent at many other companies whose is name is not UPS and there is also those pesky locals and international unions to run as well.

....so they might need to stay home for a week every once in a while and tend to other things.

~JS~

dogs.bite.me

Try and keep in mind that these negotiating committees are made up of principal officers and agents from across the country, many of which who also sit on the supplemental committees for there perspective areas and have been negotiating those supplements for months already.

Also, lets not forget that these officers and agents also typically represent more than just UPS employees, as does the General President and Secretary Treasurer who are personally overseeing these negotiations?

They can't just pretend that they don't have other teamsters to represent at many other companies whose is name is not UPS and there is also those pesky locals and international unions to run as well.

....so they might need to stay home for a week every once in a while and tend to other things.

~JS~
Who said you could bring reason into this?

I want my contract and I want it now!!!

542thruNthru

~JS~
But wait! @burrheadd pays there salary! They don't get to attend to other things! ;)