Support our fellow working discharged NY drivers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Crosswalk party?
Greenway-Crosswalk-2_photo.jpg
you order balloons.....I'll pick up the cake...lol

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Someone has to "represent" the guys who have been largely overlooked throughout all of this---you know, the ones who came in and did their jobs that day.
Actually they don't need representation or anybody's help, until they get out of the employee parking lot.
You and your buddies would be looking over your shoulders for weeks if you/they were in my building.

UPSGUY72

The drivers I care about are the ones who showed up to work that day, punched in, got in their package cars, went on road and took care of their customers; in other words, the guys who did the right thing. I have zero sympathy for those drivers who tried to take advantage of what they thought to be an opportune time to stick it to the company who are now on the outside looking in.

Who in their right mind walks off the job based solely on what a lowly BA says?

Bingo

You don't walk off a union job / go on strike be it for 1 minute of weeks without a union authorized vote. Else you get what you deserve.

local 804 union leadership going to local elected official trying to stir the pot in there favor without the national teamster backing should be a big red flag for those local officials You will be hard pressed to ever see the teamsters national management getting into this cluster 804 local leaders created by staging a wildcat walkout.

One of two things happen here and is the reason the teamster national management isn't getting involved. One the local called and asked if they walk and they said no or they just took it upon themselves to walk without asking first. Either way 804 friend-- up.

Island

Bingo

You don't walk off a union job / go on strike be it for 1 minute of weeks without a union authorized vote. Else you get what you deserve.

local 804 union leadership going to local elected official trying to stir the pot in there favor without the national teamster backing should be a big red flag for those local officials You will be hard pressed to ever see the teamsters national management getting into this cluster 804 local leaders created by staging a wildcat walkout.

One of two things happen here and is the reason the teamster national management isn't getting involved. One the local called and asked if they walk and they said no or they just took it upon themselves to walk without asking first. Either way 804 friend-- up.
I don't believe we ever heard about 804 calling IBT to ask to strike. Especially since the 804 officers had nothing to do with the strike being called.
However I completely agree that the IBT is not going to get involved, they are lame ducks who gave up organizing in favor of golf.

UPSGUY72

I don't believe we ever heard about 804 calling IBT to ask to strike. Especially since the 804 officers had nothing to do with the strike being called.
However I completely agree that the IBT is not going to get involved, they are lame ducks who gave up organizing in favor of golf.

So now your saying that there BA wasn't involved and just some random idiot be it a steward or just a plain driver called the wildcat walk out.

The IBT isn't getting involved because they don't have a legal leg to stand on....

People can disagree all they want the facts are the facts you don't walk off a bargaining unit job without voting to.

Island

When I said the officers of the local weren't involved I mean very specifically the prez, VP, etc., paid employees of their hall who actually came down on the other side of the strike and told the drivers to go back to work.

UPSGUY72

When I said the officers of the local weren't involved I mean very specifically the prez, VP, etc., paid employees of their hall who actually came down on the other side of the strike and told the drivers to go back to work.

Than you agree it was an illegal work stoppage / wildcat walkout.

You better believe that some of these people that have been in trouble before aren't getting there jobs back and if they do they will be signing a last chance and final chance letter. So they are better just to start looking for another job...

Brown Spider

Than you agree it was an illegal work stoppage / wildcat walkout.

You better believe that some of these people that have been in trouble before aren't getting there jobs back and if they do they will be signing a last chance and final chance letter. So they are better just to start looking for another job...
It really doesn't matter if Island agrees if it was an illegal work stoppage/wildcat walkout or not. UPS is going to have to get the arbitrator to agree. And I'm not convinced that the arbitrator will rely entirely on the Melville issue when hearing the case. Undoubtedly, the arbitrator will be looking at what may be Union Exhibit #1, Article 18, Section 4 a) of the Local 804 Supplement.

The Union agrees that it will not cause or permit its members to cause strikes of any kind, stoppages, or any other interference with any of the operations of the Company during the term of the Agreement, so long as the Company abides by the procedure prescribed for the settlement of disputes and differences and the decisions of the arbitrators as provided in this Agreement.

UPS failed to abide by the prescribed procedure, it was not an illegal work stoppage and it would be premature for anyone to "start looking for another job". Unless of course, you're talking about the idiotic manager who triggered this incident by failing to abide by those prescribed procedures in the first place.

Brown Spider

Any arbitrator worth his salt will take one look at the video of Liam telling the drivers to go back to work and will side with the company.
Any UpstateNYUPSer worth their salt would consider the applicable language, opening statements, testimony, closing arguments and submitted briefs prior to speculating about how an arbitrator will decide a case.

member6045

It really doesn't matter if Island agrees if it was an illegal work stoppage/wildcat walkout or not. UPS is going to have to get the arbitrator to agree. And I'm not convinced that the arbitrator will rely entirely on the Melville issue when hearing the case. Undoubtedly, the arbitrator will be looking at what may be Union Exhibit #1, Article 18, Section 4 a) of the Local 804 Supplement.

The Union agrees that it will not cause or permit its members to cause strikes of any kind, stoppages, or any other interference with any of the operations of the Company during the term of the Agreement, so long as the Company abides by the procedure prescribed for the settlement of disputes and differences and the decisions of the arbitrators as provided in this Agreement.

UPS failed to abide by the prescribed procedure, it was not an illegal work stoppage and it would be premature for anyone to "start looking for another job". Unless of course, you're talking about the idiotic manager who triggered this incident by failing to abide by those prescribed procedures in the first place.

There is more to that article? That your leaving out! Ups could just as well perform a lockout since we walked out?

Remember? When a TDU local steps in poop! What do they do? Blame someone else!