Support our fellow working discharged NY drivers.

IzzyTheNose

Yea I know all this but just use paragraphs so it easier to read. I mean you took the time to post it I'd like to take the time to read it but not like a big jumbled mess. Come on man.

Six lines of text was really too complex for you to read through? Seriously?

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Alcohol "infused" bravado.

jt7z2r.jpg

"Pope no longer drives a tractor-trailer, but she still spends much of her time on the road. Last fall, she announced her candidacy for president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and on a Sunday afternoon in March, she’s headed to yet another campaign stop, this time in Allentown, Pennsylvania, at a hotel bar, on a street called Bulldog Drive."

http://nymag.com/news/politics/sandy-pope-2011-5/

It seems to be a resounding theme.

Members, are entitled to make their own decisions.

-Bug-
God forbid a woman should drink. I mean look at her, I bet she drove to that bar by herself without a male family member to chaperone her. And to see her in public without a niqāb or even a simple hijab? Most distasteful, I agree brother.

We should be electing more leadership that lives like us. What's wrong with her being in a bar? She isn't there to pick up some hate-his-life UPS driver, she's on a campaign stop.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

I've been "working / fired " since 1999. It may be up to the International but it won't be the first time support for NY has led to larger work stoppages as far south as NC in 1976. I think that one was over pension issues.

Don't hold your breath waiting for other local across the country to stand up for these idiots. It isn't going to happen.....

Island

the 250 from 804 were fired. there are organizations trying to help them out, so it says in the news. I'm not sure the company should be replacing that many drivers all at once - a lot of stuff is gonna be late this next few weeks in Queens...

Island

The news article seems to say they are fully fired now. But the article is also obviously written by someone who doesn't even know what the IBT is, so what do I know

JadedBull

The news article seems to say they are fully fired now. But the article is also obviously written by someone who doesn't even know what the IBT is, so what do I know
We are still working. It was good to see Liam and the whole Board at the rally today! The politicians were awesome! Not only did they mention the city pulling business if UPS does not get back to the table, one of them actually said he would lay down if front of the trucks if the drivers get fired! (Could be rhetoric but was awesome to hear these politicians say it!)

i think management is starting to lose it too! I saw one of the center managers get in a stewards face and members were cheering when the steward stood up to him. I know the center manager was wrong because the DM dragged the center manager away by his arm past us!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
We are still working. It was good to see Liam and the whole Board at the rally today! The politicians were awesome! Not only did they mention the city pulling business if UPS does not get back to the table, one of them actually said he would lay down if front of the trucks if the drivers get fired! (Could be rhetoric but was awesome to hear these politicians say it!)

i think management is starting to lose it too! I saw one of the center managers get in a stewards face and members were cheering when the steward stood up to him. I know the center manager was wrong because the DM dragged the center manager away by his arm past us!!
We are all rooting for you guys. My center played that "let's fire a driver today" BS about 8 years ago. The center manager got moved to another building after the 11th guy in a row got their job back. But we had an awesome BA back then. Most were back on the job the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are consistently so full of compassion and mercy.

The drivers I care about are the ones who showed up to work that day, punched in, got in their package cars, went on road and took care of their customers; in other words, the guys who did the right thing. I have zero sympathy for those drivers who tried to take advantage of what they thought to be an opportune time to stick it to the company who are now on the outside looking in.

Who in their right mind walks off the job based solely on what a lowly BA says?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The drivers I care about are the ones who showed up to work that day, punched in, got in their package cars, went on road and took care of their customers; in other words, the guys who did the right thing. I have zero sympathy for those drivers who tried to take advantage of what they thought to be an opportune time to stick it to the company who are now on the outside looking in.

Who in their right mind walks off the job based solely on what a lowly BA says?
You have no idea what you're talking about, you weren't there.
You just always have to be "that one" guy in the room who knows more than everyone else.
Your routine is so tired.
Why don't you find a new hobby.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have no idea what you're talking about, you weren't there.
You just always have to be "that one" guy in the room who knows more than everyone else.
Your routine is so tired.
Why don't you find a new hobby.

Someone has to "represent" the guys who have been largely overlooked throughout all of this---you know, the ones who came in and did their jobs that day.