Supreme Court to hear case dealing with strikes

nWo

l72i3hld8h3b1.jpg

HyperBrn

The SCOTUS decision means if we end up walking, there will have to be extensive planning done to make sure the walkout is done in a manner such that UPS cannot reasonably prove that we did so to put any of their property or assets in danger of being lost or damaged.

I'm certain that Mr O'Brien already has IBT staffers working this out.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The SCOTUS decision means if we end up walking, there will have to be extensive planning done to make sure the walkout is done in a manner such that UPS cannot reasonably prove that we did so to put any of their property or assets in danger of being lost or damaged.

I'm certain that Mr O'Brien already has IBT staffers working this out.
If I am a shareholder could I sue the company if I felt like they had the money to give the workers what they wanted and their greed led to my shares dropping in value by a certain percentage because of a strike??? They should have an obligation to always do right by the shareholders…and the employees.

HyperBrn

If I am a shareholder could I sue the company if I felt like they had the money to give the workers what they wanted and their greed led to my shares dropping in value by a certain percentage because of a strike??? They should have an obligation to always do right by the shareholders…and the employees.
If you got enough shareholders together, I imagine you could do a lot of things. But I'm not sure what kind of processes or powers shareholders have with respect to the companies they invest in. A financial expert would be a better person to answer that! :P