Surepost intercept/hold

fres431

Anyone else hear about the new surepost intercept hold? It was explained to me that is a sure post package is let's say in the ups system to be delivered to post office on Monday but yet the actual final destination has a different ups package to be delivered on Tuesday the hub is supposed to hold and retain that surepost package and then it becomes our work to deliver sure post package with the normal ground package on Tuesday. This just a peak thing?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
The contract says the company will continue to develop new technology to be used to keep sure post on our trucks within X amount of months (forget how many off the top of my head). Looks like they're are doing it.

It has been implemented in my center as well.

10 point

The contract says the company will continue to develop new technology to be used to keep sure post on our trucks within X amount of months (forget how many off the top of my head). Looks like they're are doing it.

It has been implemented in my center as well.
120 days from ratification.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Nope, it's a new contract thing, but I don't think we will hold a Surepost today to link it up with a ground package for the same address tomorrow.

Right we should take it to the po today so they can deliver it tomorrow when we will be making a delivery at the same add.

Thank god we don't do as u do because we would all be divorced, living in a condo with a cat that pisses on the wall and just sad.

10 point

Sounds like remote delivery to me.
I had three surepost pkgs for a farm house today. There were NO UPS ground pkgs with them only surepost and a couple of them were held from yesterday.

That's electronic Rural Remote.

So I suppose the company can hold the proximity stops that are to be (and have been) implemented in the surepost language on Mondays and reduce the workforce 90% guarantee by withholding stops secretly?

Who is watching and monitoring this program except drivers?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I had three surepost pkgs for a farm house today. There were NO UPS ground pkgs with them only surepost and a couple of them were held from yesterday.

That's electronic Rural Remote.

So I suppose the company can hold the proximity stops that are to be (and have been) implemented in the surepost language on Mondays and reduce the workforce 90% guarantee by withholding stops secretly?

Who is watching and monitoring this program except drivers?

You point is moot. If they were not holding them you would not be delivering them.

Package comes in on Monday package is held for Tuesday for a proximity package.

If there isn't one on Tuesday goes out in a bag for the PO on Monday.

How does this allow them to cut routes on monday?

I however do agree that there needs to be more oversight to ensure the program works as intended.

It is really in the beat interest of the company to keep this work on our trucks for revenue purposes.

10 point

You point is moot. If they were not holding them you would not be delivering them.

Package comes in on Monday package is held for Tuesday for a proximity package.

If there isn't one on Tuesday goes out in a bag for the PO on Monday.

How does this allow them to cut routes on monday?

I however do agree that there needs to be more oversight to ensure the program works as intended.

It is really in the beat interest of the company to keep this work on our trucks for revenue purposes.
Actually, the point isn't moot because the proximity addresses are addressed (no pun) in the language as I said and no one is liable to report the daily recap to the locals or any level above them...that we know of.

I also had noticed a commercial stop on my route going to the p.o. and a resi pkg going to the p.o. that I had a ground pkg for.

All commercial stops should come out of surepost as well.

We can deliver the less than 10# pkgs and have all along.

The system is either not totally implemented, screwed up or not meeting the 120 day timeline?

Last edited:
Actually, the point isn't moot because the proximity addresses are addressed (no pun) in the language as I said and no one is liable to report the daily recap to the locals or any level above them...that we know of.

I also had noticed a commercial stop on my route going to the p.o. and a resi pkg going to the p.o. that I had a ground pkg for.

All commercial stops should come out of surepost as well.

We can deliver the less than 10# pkgs and have all along.

The system is either not totally implemented, screwed up or not meeting the 120 day timeline?
Did you get the shipper numbers and bring it to anyones (management or company) attention? A grievance on it would be nice.

10 point

Did you get the shipper numbers and bring it to anyones (management or company) attention? A grievance on it would be nice.
Got tracking #'s and notified the management.
Also notified other drivers to watch their package addresses when delivering to their p.o.
We all need to audit the system.
Filing on Friday.