Surepost Shortcut

PCM Troll

I once had a surepost misload that was for a business that was already closed past 1700. I was ready to sheet it missed but my supervisor called me and directed me to drop it off at the post office. It was definitely shady in my opinion but that's what he directed me to do. I took a picture of the diad message just in case.
You can driver release any and all surepost packages.

PCM Troll

Some customers actually pay extra to have their surepost package delivered by UPS instead of the post office. Then some lazy driver still drops it off at the post office causing disservice to the customer. Now that driver gets fired and next thing you know, his wife is posting on the forums asking why her stupid husband got fired for dishonesty, work integrity, etc.

Est.1998

Some customers actually pay extra to have their surepost package delivered by UPS instead of the post office. Then some lazy driver still drops it off at the post office causing disservice to the customer. Now that driver gets fired and next thing you know, his wife is posting on the forums asking why her stupid husband got fired for dishonesty, work integrity, etc.
I'm not convinced it's the drivers wife.
I think it's the actual driver.
What wife will take the time to search out this website, create an acct, and post a question of why her husband was discharged?
If anything, the wife has stepped up her Tinder game.

evilleace

I've never even thought about leaving extra packages at the post office. I can't believe anyone tries this hard to get out of the work your supposed to do.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why?

No one has said why they would do this.

It is so idiotic it is beyond belief.

PROS:
Makes my supervisor "look good" on the report, I care about that because I need his approval

CONS:
-Decreases windshield time
-Increases pieces per stop
-Increases future stop counts
-Consolidates easiest stops into one....average stop is bulkier
-Takes away my easiest work and gives it to a non-teamster, costing driver jobs
- May be disciplined for not following methods, or fired for dishonesty if each address is entered instead of one post office add.

Anyone who does this is an ass kisser in my book, and an idiot who risks his job
I'll never understand it. The same drivers taking shortcuts every day and screw themselves are the ones in the office early every morning whining because I have 60 stops and they have 160. This job is so much easier if you do the job by the book and don't cut corners. 90% of drivers can't do it.

Spanky250

You can replace hard with dumb and slackers with smart

You can also replace hard with good work ethics and slacker with lazy ass.

You get paid $100k a year ($150k with benefits), which is triple the national average. The company has a right to expect a reasonable level of effort from you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You can also replace hard with good work ethics and slacker with lazy ass.

You get paid $100k a year ($150k with benefits), which is triple the national average. The company has a right to expect a reasonable level of effort from you.
Who decides what’s reasonable?
Is it reasonable to keep drivers out 12 hours a day day after day
Is it reasonable to brow beat employees over unattainable metrics that all involved know can’t be met

Spanky250

Who decides what’s reasonable?
Is it reasonable to keep drivers out 12 hours a day day after day
Is it reasonable to brow beat employees over unattainable metrics that all involved know can’t be met

No it isn't. It's also not reasonable to use every excuse and tactic possible to push as much work as possible off on others. Reasonable is in the middle somewhere.

Whither

Scofflaw
You can driver release any and all surepost packages.
I had a church on my former route that didn't keep regular office hours. Every once in a while they'd get a shipper release (not surepost, but same difference) package. Always left it per training and the DIAD prompt. I can't imagine sheeting a shipper release missed. But every once in a while we have drivers send shipper release stuff, like Hello Fresh boxes, to the access point. Or you'll see a Sat driver service-crossed a surepost NI-1 :rofl: :rofl:

Drink Craft Beer

Surepost are not supposed to go to buisinesses. And if someone does send to a buisiness via surepost, were supposed to deliver it. Im pretty sure, technically, it should be upgraded to ground and the shipper should be charged.
Correct...... it's supposed to be residential only.

Big Rigger

Ok I have several post offices on my route. I have had stops that are surepost pkgs with no ground pkgs. I will take the Powell label off and put them with the post office pkgs if they go to that post office. It’s fun to do if it’s a pkg of dog food.
Uh, ignorance is bliss until you're out of service.
With no GSR (guaranteed service refund) you commit fraud with no recourse for the customer except class action suits if enough of them complain.

The redirect program is supposed to hold those single surepost pkgs to mate with a ups package going to the same address to be delivered together the next day by the ups driver. If the ups pkg forecasted in the system doesn't get to the building as scheduled then the single surepost pkg must be sent out with the ups route the second day to be delivered to the final mile address.

But if the surepost pkg is delivered to the post office the second day for them to deliver it to the final mile address it'll be delivered a day late and be a service failure for ups.

It's all tracked by the USPS and ups and it's a greatly abused issue by the company without adding the stupidity of a lone ranger driver making up their own dispatch and frauding customers who have no recourse to get a refund.

It's all fun and games until it hits the fan and rolls down hill to the person liable.
Pick the snake up enough times and you'll get bit. Just don't wonder why you're out of service.
smh

Big Rigger

Yes if the stop is surepost pkgs only and it goes to that post office I will scan them in with the post office pkgs of that post office. Those surepost pkgs have that post office address on them. If I have a stop with a ground pkg and surepost pkgs I will take them all to the house. I hope you don’t just go by the pal label because a lot of times pals labels will be wrong. You are suppose to go by the label on the pkg not the pal label.
Just when you think you've hear it all you read this.
I guess upstate was right about not needing anything more than a valid drivers license and a high school diploma (35-50 IQ).

purehavanne

You’ll get caught because the package is supposed to be delivered that day. The customer is expecting it. No telling when post office will get around to delivering it. Easy termination.

vvv

Every member deserves a heads up. Management kiss ass or not. It's part of being a union.
You really think the guy needs heads up for being a total idiot? I'm all about the union side vs. company side, but this has NOTHING to do with that. Those particular drivers if they truly are doing this know EXACTLY what they are doing regardless of being a rookie or veteran and don't need to be spoken to.
They wanna play games just leave them be and let them be big boys and see if they can swim in the deep end if it comes to it.

vvv

You’ll get caught because the package is supposed to be delivered that day. The customer is expecting it. No telling when post office will get around to delivering it. Easy termination.
And deservingly so.
Why?

No one has said why they would do this.

It is so idiotic it is beyond belief.

PROS:
Makes my supervisor "look good" on the report, I care about that because I need his approval

CONS:
-Decreases windshield time
-Increases pieces per stop
-Increases future stop counts
-Consolidates easiest stops into one....average stop is bulkier
-Takes away my easiest work and gives it to a non-teamster, costing driver jobs
- May be disciplined for not following methods, or fired for dishonesty if each address is entered instead of one post office add.

Anyone who does this is an ass kisser in my book, and an idiot who risks his job
I can't say much more, well put.

Appvol

Uh, ignorance is bliss until you're out of service.
With no GSR (guaranteed service refund) you commit fraud with no recourse for the customer except class action suits if enough of them complain.

The redirect program is supposed to hold those single surepost pkgs to mate with a ups package going to the same address to be delivered together the next day by the ups driver. If the ups pkg forecasted in the system doesn't get to the building as scheduled then the single surepost pkg must be sent out with the ups route the second day to be delivered to the final mile address.

But if the surepost pkg is delivered to the post office the second day for them to deliver it to the final mile address it'll be delivered a day late and be a service failure for ups.

It's all tracked by the USPS and ups and it's a greatly abused issue by the company without adding the stupidity of a lone ranger driver making up their own dispatch and frauding customers who have no recourse to get a refund.

It's all fun and games until it hits the fan and rolls down hill to the person liable.
Pick the snake up enough times and you'll get bit. Just don't wonder why you're out of service.
smh
Ok how do you know this. Almost every driver in the building will do it sometimes. How do you know a ground pkg was suppose to come in and the system kicked out the surepost pkg but guess what the ground didn’t make it. I have people on my route that want you to leave their pkgs at the post office to pick up. I bet your the driver that brags about I take everything to the house then you cover the route and find you leave stops everywhere.

Appvol

Just when you think you've hear it all you read this.
I guess upstate was right about not needing anything more than a valid drivers license and a high school diploma (35-50 IQ).
So you have never had a pal label with the wrong address. I have seen it happen a lot. I guess you don’t double check the pal and the address on the label. Man I ran my route with no Edd not to long ago with 100 stops how did I ever do that.

Appvol

Most of the time people don’t even know when the are getting something. You know there are post offices that don’t run routes out of them and people have to go pick their mail up everyday.