Surviving a fake pandemic

vantexan

Pfizer knew it was effective in October. They changed their trial standards to hold back the results until after the election because of Democrat anti-science political maneuvering.

That dumb bitch Kamala and a bunch of other Democrats were pushing anti-vax rhetoric. Democrats are responsible for thousands of deaths because of that. They're evil garbage people, same as always.
More likely didn't want to give Trump a win before the election. He's pushing for lower drug prices.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why don't we hear of the kung flu running wild in places that never shut down? I can't remember the last cast of flu we've had at work?

over9five

Staff member
1607186590702.png

fishtm2001

Why don't we hear of the kung flu running wild in places that never shut down? I can't remember the last cast of flu we've had at work?
Well I know as of late November, when adjusted for population, no states have had more new Covid-19 infections, hospitalizations and deaths over the prior month than North and South Dakota. The nearby states of Iowa, Wyoming, Nebraska and Idaho were not far behind.

rod

Retired 22 years
We've had the flu vaccine for 70 years and it's 40% effective.

Do they really expect us to believe they can develop a covid vaccine in 2-3 months?
Why not. Years ago when we entered the moon race it only took a short time to land people on the moon. And that was with a 1000 times less technology than you have in your smart phone. With the profit to be gained I would say a workable vaccine can be developed in a short time. Getting it to the masses will be the problem. We all know UPS can't handle unexpected (or even expected) volume.

vantexan

Why not. Years ago when we entered the moon race it only took a short time to land people on the moon. And that was with a 1000 times less technology than you have in your smart phone. With the profit to be gained I would say a workable vaccine can be developed in a short time. Getting it to the masses will be the problem. We all know UPS can't handle unexpected (or even expected) volume.
The military is going to distribute it I hear.

Sportello

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well I know as of late November, when adjusted for population, no states have had more new Covid-19 infections, hospitalizations and deaths over the prior month than North and South Dakota. The nearby states of Iowa, Wyoming, Nebraska and Idaho were not far behind.
"New infections over the prior month adjusted for population". Lol, what a stupid statistic.

Why do people fall for that crap?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
“COVID-19 cases are spiking across Asia once again. In South Korea, it’s the third peak in infections—the highest since the beginning of March. Hong Kong is experiencing its fourth COVID-19 wave. Japan, Indonesia and Malaysia all hit daily records at the end of November.“
Time magazine