Switching to UPS Freight, I am crazy or smart?

Butt In The Chair

What you talk'n bout Willis?
You can make a great living with Freight IF you can wait it out until full scale and then get a run with decent miles/night.

I work around 12 hours/night, 9 driving 3 on hourly pay and I'm on par to make $116,000.00 this year

keeb86

In a few weeks I will be leaving a rival company and coming on board with UPS Freight. At the other company in which I was with for only 8 months my gross was around 1300 dollars a week. Over the next 2 and a half years I would of been making around 1500 dollars. It was/is a pretty easy gig with me averaging around 10 hours of work each night for 5 night. basically 400 miles a night and 4-8 break and hooks of doubles. I understand I will be taking a pretty big dip in pay the first few years but I feel it will be worth it long term. I am 40 years old and looking to put my 25 years in walk into the sunset.
My old company is trying to get my to stay and they are having me work the full length of my two week notice and I plan on doing that because I don't like to burn bridges. I would like to have some opinion from people who work at ups freight and this seems to be the best site for this. Thank you for any input, even the bull:censored2:ters. thanks

Ups freight is a different company than UPS. Freight’s non overtime pay maxes out at 25 while UPS feeders pays way more per hour when you hit too scale. Try getting a semi truck job at UPS

keeb86

In a few weeks I will be leaving a rival company and coming on board with UPS Freight. At the other company in which I was with for only 8 months my gross was around 1300 dollars a week. Over the next 2 and a half years I would of been making around 1500 dollars. It was/is a pretty easy gig with me averaging around 10 hours of work each night for 5 night. basically 400 miles a night and 4-8 break and hooks of doubles. I understand I will be taking a pretty big dip in pay the first few years but I feel it will be worth it long term. I am 40 years old and looking to put my 25 years in walk into the sunset.
My old company is trying to get my to stay and they are having me work the full length of my two week notice and I plan on doing that because I don't like to burn bridges. I would like to have some opinion from people who work at ups freight and this seems to be the best site for this. Thank you for any input, even the bull:censored2:ters. thanks
I hear what you are saying about the feeder position, but there hasn't been one of those positions open up in this area in a while. PLus I like the freight/ltl side of trucking. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

That little freight symbol on the side of the truck will be the thing keeping you from making it the BIG bucks at UPS