Joyful Nomad

Good morning. I appreciate everybody there at UPS, you have truly been my lifeline for the past 2 years. I have had probably 300 packages delivered or picked up from my front porch this year, without even 1 issue!! Then all of a sudden I made 5 purchases from what I thought was Wayfair. Wayfair doesn’t have record. Turned my PayPal went to somebody in China. Anyway, haven’t received anything, opened a claim with PayPal . All of a sudden the guy from China sends in 5 UPS tracking numbers that all say delivered over 10 days ago. What are the chances I wouldn’t even receive 1 of them, right? But, PayPal denied my request because the seller provided these numbers.
I started looking into it. There is something wonky about all of the packages. The first thing I noticed was they were shipped before the label was created. Is that normal? And, the shipper won’t respond with receipts or labels or anything. Is it possible for somebody to create a shipment, or 5, and make it look like it went all the way through the system when nothing was really sent? Any ideas how I can find out and get proof to PayPal? I saved my money all year to surprise the inner city photo club with some great gear, instead of the hand me down stuff. I spent over $2000 with this seller that now I know is bogus, but PayPal is taking the tracking information as truth. Any ideas or anybody know somebody willing to help me prove I walked myself and the kids into a scam? I feel so stupid, but I have to hope there is some way to prove those packages were never sent or never arrived, even though the tracking says otherwise? Please help! I don’t want to start a claim to tip off the seller, considering how complex the scam already is. Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.
Abby Blessing
PS:is there a way to print out every UPS package delivered to my address over a weeks period? Drivers don’t release until they are actually carrying the package to the door, right?

allahuakbar

She/Her
No one here can really help you. Only thing I can say is where it says delivered on the tracking page it should say the town it was delivered to.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good morning. I appreciate everybody there at UPS, you have truly been my lifeline for the past 2 years. I have had probably 300 packages delivered or picked up from my front porch this year, without even 1 issue!! Then all of a sudden I made 5 purchases from what I thought was Wayfair. Wayfair doesn’t have record. Turned my PayPal went to somebody in China. Anyway, haven’t received anything, opened a claim with PayPal . All of a sudden the guy from China sends in 5 UPS tracking numbers that all say delivered over 10 days ago. What are the chances I wouldn’t even receive 1 of them, right? But, PayPal denied my request because the seller provided these numbers.
I started looking into it. There is something wonky about all of the packages. The first thing I noticed was they were shipped before the label was created. Is that normal? And, the shipper won’t respond with receipts or labels or anything. Is it possible for somebody to create a shipment, or 5, and make it look like it went all the way through the system when nothing was really sent? Any ideas how I can find out and get proof to PayPal? I saved my money all year to surprise the inner city photo club with some great gear, instead of the hand me down stuff. I spent over $2000 with this seller that now I know is bogus, but PayPal is taking the tracking information as truth. Any ideas or anybody know somebody willing to help me prove I walked myself and the kids into a scam? I feel so stupid, but I have to hope there is some way to prove those packages were never sent or never arrived, even though the tracking says otherwise? Please help! I don’t want to start a claim to tip off the seller, considering how complex the scam already is. Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.
Abby Blessing
PS:is there a way to print out every UPS package delivered to my address over a weeks period? Drivers don’t release until they are actually carrying the package to the door, right?
@Turdferguson will help you.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Abby Blessing
I will admit I lost interest and stopped reading halfway down. BUT! It sounds to me like you got scammed before UPS ever got involved. I would be pressing Wayfair or PayPal.

Cowboy Mac

Yeah sure, what’s the best way to use UPS to scam people? Go pretend to be a victim on Browncafe and ask the UPS drivers to come up with possible ways customers could be scammed. Very clever…

Mayonnaise

My friends call me Mayo
There is a scam going on that is taking advantage of UPS and PayPal.

Here’s what happened in my situation.
A bogus company with a spoofed website billed my PayPal account for an item. After going through the check out process I suspected I was scammed. I immediately filed a claim with PayPal. The item supposedly was shipped through UPS and only due to the claim being filed through PayPal a tracking number was eventually provided to me by PayPal. The problem is when you track the package it showed shipping to my town and eventually was delivered to my town but not my address.

Heres what eventually I figured out.
These fraudulent companies are somehow graining access legit UPS tracking numbers and providing a tracking number for your town with a ship date that fits with when when your PayPal account was billed. PayPal is extremely difficult to deal with because they think you are the devious party in the transaction. After all the fraudulent company has provided a legit UPS tracking # to PayPal and it shows delivered to your town. I was able to print out full delivery records and provide them to PayPal for the shipment before it was even delivered. I provided this to PayPal. In my case there was also a major weight discrepancy from what the fraudulent company claimed they had shipped. PayPal said not good enough. After delivery I provided the delivery records once the package was delivered including GPS info. Funny thing is I actually had the 1lb package in my hand during the preload, prior to delivery, but it was someone else’s legit shipment. I also had to get my credit card company involved and provide them with the delivery records as well. PayPal is very apprehensive to believe you. It took a lot of back and forth and my transaction was only a single item.

Good Luck

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Your local UPS office can pull the gps coordinates of where these boxes were delivered.

I doubt they were at your house IF you are telling the truth....

Why would you not start a claim IF you are telling the truth?

IF you are a scammer looking for info... I hope you get caught and sent to prison

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
There is a scam going on that is taking advantage of UPS and PayPal.

Here’s what happened in my situation.
A bogus company with a spoofed website billed my PayPal account for an item. After going through the check out process I suspected I was scammed. I immediately filed a claim with PayPal. The item supposedly was shipped through UPS and only due to the claim being filed through PayPal a tracking number was eventually provided to PayPal that they provided to me. The problem is when you track the package it showed shipping to my town and eventually was delivered to my town but not my address.

Heres what eventually I figured out.
These fraudulent companies are somehow graining access legit UPS tracking numbers and providing a tracking number for your town with a ship date that fits with when when your PayPal account was billed. PayPal is extremely difficult to deal with because they think you are the devious party in the transaction. After all the fraudulent company has provided a legit UPS tracking # to PayPal and it shows delivered to your town. I was able to print out full delivery records and provide them to PayPal for the shipment before it was even delivered. I provided this to PayPal. In my case there was also a major weight discrepancy from what the fraudulent company claimed they had shipped. PayPal said not good enough. After delivery I provided the delivery records once the package was delivered including GPS info. Funny thing is I actually had the 1lb package in my hand during the preload, prior to delivery, but it was someone else’s legit shipment. I also had to get my credit card company involved and provide them with the delivery records as well. PayPal is very apprehensive to believe you. It took a lot of back and forth and my transaction was only a single item.

Good Luck
Joined 2018. 1 post. Who are you?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Abby Blessing
PayPal loophole makes it easier for scammers to trick you into fake goods

This is a scam that has been going on for a while, most of the bogus tracking numbers are for Amazon shipments that get delivered to your hometown.
Nothing UPS can do for you, someone at Amazon is selling tracking information to people so that they can scam people, this is a PayPal, Amazon issue

oldngray

nowhere special
Can't really help them because it has nothing to do with UPS besides making us take up valuable man hours dealing with people who got scammed.
PayPal is well aware of this scam and refuse to help people with it. We have had about 50 people over the last year with this issue just in our delivery area
Its an identity theft/Paypal issue. Not a problem with UPS.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
PayPal loophole makes it easier for scammers to trick you into fake goods

This is a scam that has been going on for a while, most of the bogus tracking numbers are for Amazon shipments that get delivered to your hometown.
Nothing UPS can do for you, someone at Amazon is selling tracking information to people so that they can scam people, this is a PayPal, Amazon issue

Have you come across scammers intercepting packages for HPU shipped by Amazon going to a local Amazon location? It is kind of funny when these scammers come in into the counter with fake Drivers Licenses with a business address.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Abby Blessing
You got scammed, tons of fake websites that look identical to real ones. Seeing PAYPAL on a major company website was your first redflag. Have you called your bank and let them know it was fraud? Similar thing happened to me ( only $20 thank god) and my bank reimbursed me.
✊🧔

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Can't really help them because it has nothing to do with UPS besides making us take up valuable man hours dealing with people who got scammed.
PayPal is well aware of this scam and refuse to help people with it. We have had about 50 people over the last year with this issue just in our delivery area
Au contraire mon ami. You helped her by providing information.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Au contraire mon ami. You helped her by providing information.
tenor (46).gif