Take your child to work day

moreluck

golden ticket member
I need a clarification here. When you say "take your child to work", do you mean MY work? Or just somewhere where they can work and bring in an extra income for the family? She's only 6 so I'm thinking she may be limited on what she can accomplish.
Practice with her and say, repeat after me....."Do you want fries with that?"

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My wife brought my 3yr old son out to an Industrial park to meet me yrs ago,,I let him help me with 3 or 4 small stops, we took pics of him and then we took lunch together!! He loved it ,the customers loved it too !! put a UPS shirt and cap on him and he was in his glory !!

tarbar66

My wife used to bring my daughter to my hub back when I was the shifter/clerk. We would have a picnic supper in the parking lot. There was no fences, gates or guards so she would get to ride in the yardbird. She was only 5 years old but she still remembers those days 35 years ago.

I don't think there is any chance of that happening today.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Practice with her and say, repeat after me....."Do you want fries with that?"

This amuses me cause when I was younger my dad would never just give me money. Said I needed a job. So at 15 there aren't many places that will hire you but McD's is one of those places. My dad refused to let me work at any fast food restaurant. That was the only rule about employment he ever had.

tardus

UPS is a dangerous work environment. With all the traffic in and out of the building, I was always miffed when a parent would bring their kids in and not keep a handhold on them. Not to mention the packages that I've seen fall down from overhead conveyor belts. I wouldn't have considered bringing my child into such a dangerous place.