Taken Out of Service

bumped

We had a ex lover spat in our small building years ago. One of the parties filed a restraining order against the other where they couldn't be in contact within so many feet. If you have enough, where she is damaging you, then that might send up a flag to UPS.

UPSGUY72

Call you BA first thing Monday morning let them know what is going on. Make sure they know the whole story so they can help you not just the parts that make you look good. Your BA will let you know what your options are and what you should do.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He said, she said.
Panel says: return to work, time served.

Unless the allegation is sexual harassment.
31 posts and we are no closer to knowing exactly what this guy is being accused of...unless I missed it.

C

chuchu

It is UPS's job to stop workplace harassment and that includes harassment against you. When you get your job back and the other party starts trouble with you in any way, take your steward with you and talk to your immediate sup about the situation and remind the management that these actions fall in the category of workplace violence and if the company doesn't fix this situation immediately the EEOC and your lawyer WILL in civil court. Document every conversation and issue in this situation. Cover yourself. If the company sees you are documenting your conversations with them they will know you are serious and I bet the games will stop. Totally ignore the other party and keep your nose clean. Our BA is pathetic (in the company's pocket) but there are bigger courts than grvnce hearings. It is your job and life....be smart.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He said, she said.
Panel says: return to work, time served.

Unless the allegation is sexual harassment.
31 posts and we are no closer to knowing exactly what this guy is being accused of...unless I missed it.

The OP never said specifically what the allegation was but did say that the accuser is his ex so I have to assume it is sexual harassment.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The OP never said specifically what the allegation was but did say that the accuser is his ex so I have to assume it is sexual harassment.
Which if that's the case, UPS has to at least give illusion that they gave the issue it's due dilligence.Anything less leaves them open for a law suit.

CharleyHustle

I had a co-worker threaten me with bodily harm. Just like you, I didn't want anyone to lose their job, so I just asked to have him shut up and stay away from me. Well UPS is a big place, bosses come and go and sooner or later this cave dweller ended up working right next to me. If the accusations against you are false, think long and hard about pushing the issue as far as you can.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The OP while understandably frustrated, needs to understand that the company isn't the bad guy in all of this.His only recourse in pursuit of being made whole may very well be in civil court.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The OP while understandably frustrated, needs to understand that the company isn't the bad guy in all of this.His only recourse in pursuit of being made whole may very well be in civil court.

I would hope that it wouldn't have to go that far. I would hope that if the accusation is indeed without merit that the accuser has a little "chat" and is told in no uncertain terms to either move on or be gone.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why do have feel yucky after reading this? I hear a lot of typing, but no real info.

When I accused a supervisor of harassment, I did it with much pause. This is not a thing most people relish doing. It tales an awful lot to accuse someone of anything at UPS. You are involving them in your business. HR and Labor will be sniffing around. The union has to get up and come down. The DM might show up. It's a lot of hub-bub. Plus, everyone looks at tyou funny for a while after. The victim is never just a victim.

His(?) BA was informed of the accusation first thing directly from UPS. They forwarded all pertinent papers, as well. I am sure video was looked at, as well as sup being interviewed.

I have no idea who did what here, mainly because the posts are- I think- intentionally vague.

If this person didn't do anything wrong, get off your BeHind and do something. You say you have all the evidence.