Taken out of service.....

10 point

Not really. We work for corporate. Any sup center manager included would throw an hourly under the bus in a heart beat to save their job.
Yep. So true.

This ding dong was making drivers falsify damaged/missed pkgs and one phone call was made to someone above him and within ten minutes he changed his tune and decided to adhere to the corp diad training.

If they won't fix the problems at the source they often end up lying about them down the road.

10 point

We work for our center manager. If he wants it done one way, we do it his way. That is between him and corporate. I don't get in the middle. I do have my :censored2: covered though. Thanks.
I understand. You can work as the center manager instructs if it isn't illegal, unethical, and all that. But if he breaks corp training, yes, just have witnesses to cya.

There's got to still be someone up the ladder that honors honesty. Maybe?

BrownTexas

Those of us with a Gamestop on our routes know that we have to have them delivered by noon at the latest. I deliver to a Gamestop because the driver for that area cannot get there by noon. They are also a pickup which is done at delivery. "I'll do my best" does not cut it when it comes to Gamestop.
GameStop also pays for them to be delivered by 12. Making it a commit time. So does Champs, Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Ladies Foot Locker, and Foot Action. All 2:45.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Not really. We work for corporate. Any sup center manager included would throw an hourly under the bus in a heart beat to save their job.

Hey if you work for corporate how about I send all those grievances to corporate since you are so tight with them and let them answer cause as you know..... I didn't make those decisions.. corporate made me do it!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes they would. We work for corporate through our center manager. If he is standing there telling you to do something and it is not a contractual violation, you do it. If it goes against corporate training in the DIAD, just have your steward witness what the center manager wants you to do.

The training in the DIAD is a computer program. Your center manager represents the company and is a live person telling you to do something. CYA and let the center manager take the fall for it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hey if you work for corporate how about I send all those grievances to corporate since you are so tight with them and let them answer cause as you know..... I didn't make those decisions.. corporate made me do it!
I have to admit that was pretty good.

10 point

We'll be proactive and call the 800 ethics hot line and let them know you sent them. :)

Xexys

Retired and Happy
If I am the end of a half mile driveway to a residential address with a NDA that did not require an autograph and it is within 5 minutes of being late you can be damn sure I am DRing that stop at the end of the driveway.

And as you pull up to the house, the customer is standing there looking at his watch with a look of disdain on his face. I hope he calls in on you.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
GameStop also pays for them to be delivered by 12. Making it a commit time. So does Champs, Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Ladies Foot Locker, and Foot Action. All 2:45.

2:45? Man that would be nice. In my area, the 2 local malls all the shoe stores you mention were by 12:30. One mall had 4 of them on one route. The other mall has 4 as well, but they are split up.

Hated Footlocker on their heavy days....100+ on several occasions to a 3rd floor back hallway stockroom :/

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And as you pull up to the house, the customer is standing there looking at his watch with a look of disdain on his face. I hope he calls in on you.

99.99% of residential consignees have no idea what our time commit is----heck, most of them are not even home when we drop off their NDA. How many times have you had to break off to deliver a residential NDA only to drive by there in the afternoon to see it still sitting there?

Yes, there is the occasional consignee who will be standing there looking at their watch, but, for the most part, there is much leniency regarding the NDA commit rules when it comes to residentials.

10 point

99.99% of residential consignees have no idea what our time commit is----heck, most of them are not even home when we drop off their NDA. How many times have you had to break off to deliver a residential NDA only to drive by there in the afternoon to see it still sitting there?

Yes, there is the occasional consignee who will be standing there looking at their watch, but, for the most part, there is much leniency regarding the NDA commit rules when it comes to residentials.
Then why don't you scan it at the driveway mouth and drive it the half mile to the house and DR it at the house?

A half mile (or less) away sets off my GPS warning in my board which definitely is reported as we've witnessed locally.

Try that with an honest supe on board. Splitting hairs.

We just tell mgmnt that we will be tight on air commits and put it on them.

It takes longer to be fired for late air than dishonesty.

10 point

Some exceptions are easily explained.

A guy met me at CVS Rx because his dog is always loose (and bites). The GPS warning went off as I scanned it.

The next day a supe came over to me with a sheet and asked what happened off area with that air. I explained it. He said "OK, whenever we deliver a premium service 250 away from the consignee's address a report is made" and they have to chase down the explanation.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Only if it is an unsuspected or unusual security check. It said specifically in the diad training that if the security point is there every day, that is not a valid reason for being late.
It seems to me then that a stop with a security gate should be consistent with their at gate times then. If I show up to Caterpillar at 10:15 and there's a lineup of trucks I'm either scanning packages while I wait or punching security as a reason for lateness. We can't guess what kind of wait lies ahead at a security gate. If we show up at 10:29 then yes, they have a point. And, if I scan packages at a location and have to drive around a building to get to the receiver I'm leaving the stop open and not prerecording anything as that removes timestamps.

happybob

Feeders
Glad I'm in Feeders and never going back to Package. Sounds like the system is/was or finally has been designed to weed out the drivers and supervisors that were always cheating on air commit times. Supervisors in my building always were scanning next day airs in one diad and having other drivers delivering them. Even saw a drivers delivery records showing him making stops on different sides of the city, yet the stop complete times only showed a couple minutes difference. Drivers hitting dr miles away from the intended house call and never getting caught. Give the customer what they pay for and they will stay happy. A happy customer continues to ship with UPS and we get to keep our decent paychecks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some exceptions are easily explained.

A guy met me at CVS Rx because his dog is always loose (and bites). The GPS warning went off as I scanned it.

The next day a supe came over to me with a sheet and asked what happened off area with that air. I explained it. He said "OK, whenever we deliver a premium service 250 away from the consignee's address a report is made" and they have to chase down the explanation.

Did you ask for ID?