Taken out of service.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Those of us with a Gamestop on our routes know that we have to have them delivered by noon at the latest. I deliver to a Gamestop because the driver for that area cannot get there by noon. They are also a pickup which is done at delivery. "I'll do my best" does not cut it when it comes to Gamestop.

10 point

Those of us with a Gamestop on our routes know that we have to have them delivered by noon at the latest. I deliver to a Gamestop because the driver for that area cannot get there by noon. They are also a pickup which is done at delivery. "I'll do my best" does not cut it when it comes to Gamestop.
Nitpick.
9 (9:15 to 9:20)-noon. Better chance than a one hr window.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Evidently I have to explain it to you again.

The difference is walking vs driving. It's RDR not RWR. If you want to disobey management's orders go ahead. But don't tell other drivers to on here and have them get fired.

Does that sound familiar?

Management can tell you to be at a certain location by 10:15 and you should be there you can lawfully get there then. That's not my point. But if you want to make a mountain from a molehill here goes:

First response with a witness...
"I'll be there at 10:15 but you're going to have to take these air and SSI stops off me because they may be late".

Second issue...
Forcing me to drive over the speed limit to make a commit time because of logistics problems, traffic patterns, weather issues, etc will not happen so take me out of service. I can use a paid vacation.

Force me to cut my pretrip short to make a bogus commit time ( adding also since their preload goes down late every day) and Art 18, 37 plus a phone call to the local area DOT Enforcement agency will get their minds right.

Work as directed? That's what we do but it costs the company about every day they blindly force the issue without considering all the factors.

We have an account that gives us four trailer loads a day. They're SSI with a 15 min swing allotment. They tell the driver to be there at X time and the driver says "I'll do my best". That's all anyone can do and they know it. There's ramifications for them pushing the logistics button. It's Never challenged. They would predominantly lose providing the driver is working by the book.
Doesn't that sound idiotic. You can scan an air and "walk" a quarter mile and it is not late even if you don't get the signature until after 10:30 yet you can't scan and then drive 200 ft. Like I said, work as directed. Ask your center manager how to handle 15 minute gate delays.

Here, we are on their property, so we can scan it at the gate even though we will be driving 200 ft. I don't blindly follow traing on the DIAD, I question idiocy and do as instructed by my center manager.

Reread my posts. I said that if management tells you to be there at 10:15, they need to adjust airs accordingly, but you need to be there by 10:15, barring any unforeseen circumstance.

It is not up to us that their policy costs them money. We are not policy makers. We abide by policy. You have every right to question policy, but must always work as directed.

I questioned policy and was instructed how my center manager wants it handled. If that is not correct, he can take it up with his boss.

It is not a bogus commit time. It is the time that management wants you there. Period. They have the right to tell a customer that they will have their packages by 10:15 even though they are not guaranteed until 10:30.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Evidently I have to explain it to you again.

The difference is walking vs driving. It's RDR not RWR. If you want to disobey management's orders go ahead. But don't tell other drivers to on here and have them get fired.

Does that sound familiar?

Management can tell you to be at a certain location by 10:15 and you should be there you can lawfully get there then. That's not my point. But if you want to make a mountain from a molehill here goes:

First response with a witness...
"I'll be there at 10:15 but you're going to have to take these air and SSI stops off me because they may be late".

Second issue...
Forcing me to drive over the speed limit to make a commit time because of logistics problems, traffic patterns, weather issues, etc will not happen so take me out of service. I can use a paid vacation.

Force me to cut my pretrip short to make a bogus commit time ( adding also since their preload goes down late every day) and Art 18, 37 plus a phone call to the local area DOT Enforcement agency will get their minds right.

Work as directed? That's what we do but it costs the company about every day they blindly force the issue without considering all the factors.

We have an account that gives us four trailer loads a day. They're SSI with a 15 min swing allotment. They tell the driver to be there at X time and the driver says "I'll do my best". That's all anyone can do and they know it. There's ramifications for them pushing the logistics button. It's Never challenged. They would predominantly lose providing the driver is working by the book.
Here is why I question idiotic policy.

You have a house on your route back in the boonies. He has a half mile paved drive. Mail box by the street. He allows you to drive that half mile driveway back to his house. You do it 3 times a week.

Today you have a NDA for him and are running late. You pull into the bottom of his driveway at 10:30 on the dot. If you drive up to his house, the air will be late.

But, as you say, you can scan and walk. So this time, you leave your package car at the bottom of the driveway, scan the air and then walk the half mile. You scanned and walked. Air is not late but you just cost the Company 20 minutes by walking a mile just to not have a late air.

If you're on his property at the end of the driveway, why not scan it, drive to the house and deliver. I know, this is RDR, not RWR. You will save the Company 15 minutes though.

This is why I questioned this idiotic policy. My center manager say it was idiotic too. I cannot scan the air unless I am on the customers property, but in this scenario, I just saved myself a mile walk.

If his policy was absolutly no RDR, then I would have taken the mile hike.

I do not tell people to disobey management and get disciplined like you do. I give people the facts and tell them to ask. Work as directed by your center manager. Question idiotic DIAD training, RDR, but work as instructed by your center manager.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I am the end of a half mile driveway to a residential address with a NDA that did not require an autograph and it is within 5 minutes of being late you can be damn sure I am DRing that stop at the end of the driveway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I am the end of a half mile driveway to a residential address with a NDA that did not require an autograph and it is within 5 minutes of being late you can be damn sure I am DRing that stop at the end of the driveway.
Which is not the brightest thing to do.

If you have run straight air and let management know there was a chance of having a late air there is a 0% chance you would get fired.

If you refuse to work as directed however losing your job is a real possibility.

10 point

Here is why I question idiotic policy.

You have a house on your route back in the boonies. He has a half mile paved drive. Mail box by the street. He allows you to drive that half mile driveway back to his house. You do it 3 times a week.

Today you have a NDA for him and are running late. You pull into the bottom of his driveway at 10:30 on the dot. If you drive up to his house, the air will be late.

But, as you say, you can scan and walk. So this time, you leave your package car at the bottom of the driveway, scan the air and then walk the half mile. You scanned and walked. Air is not late but you just cost the Company 20 minutes by walking a mile just to not have a late air.

If you're on his property at the end of the driveway, why not scan it, drive to the house and deliver. I know, this is RDR, not RWR. You will save the Company 15 minutes though.

This is why I questioned this idiotic policy. My center manager say it was idiotic too. I cannot scan the air unless I am on the customers property, but in this scenario, I just saved myself a mile walk.

If his policy was absolutly no RDR, then I would have taken the mile hike.

I do not tell people to disobey management and get disciplined like you do. I give people the facts and tell them to ask. Work as directed by your center manager. Question idiotic DIAD training, RDR, but work as instructed by your center manager.
It's not worth replying to again but here goes.

The training said no RDR.

The training said if you know you have a security check point you have to get thru it and then scan your pkg(s) but no RDR to (beat the clock) and any RDR will be reviewed daily... and has been to date here anyway.

The center manager, DM and RM said follow the corporate training or else. No exceptions.

I don't make the training rules. The company does. But the settled grievance said that we could scan it in the parking lot of the consignee and walk to the delivery point unless there's a known security check point to pass thru and then we can only scan the airs after being cleared by security.

The whole overview of these RDR issues are being monitored outside of our building and the supes are bringing the printed logs to each driver for an explanation when a discrepancy occurs.

You keep asking me about why this and why that or what you think does or doesn't make sense.

I feel bad that comprehension of what is being posted here doesn't make sense to you but that's the best I can do.

Thanks for being a steward tho. I'm sure many appreciate your help.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's not worth replying to again but here goes.

The training said no RDR.

The training said if you know you have a security check point you have to get thru it and then scan your pkg(s) but no RDR to (beat the clock) and any RDR will be reviewed daily... and has been to date here anyway.

The center manager, DM and RM said follow the corporate training or else. No exceptions.

I don't make the training rules. The company does. But the settled grievance said that we could scan it in the parking lot of the consignee and walk to the delivery point unless there's a known security check point to pass thru and then we can only scan the airs after being cleared by security.

The whole overview of these RDR issues are being monitored outside of our building and the supes are bringing the printed logs to each driver for an explanation when a discrepancy occurs.

You keep asking me about why this and why that or what you think does or doesn't make sense.

I feel bad that comprehension of what is being posted here doesn't make sense to you but that's the best I can do.

Thanks for being a steward tho. I'm sure many appreciate your help.
I've seen other posts on here that do the same security gate scan, approved by their center manager, as my center. So we are not the exception. Looks like RDR is not set in stone is all I'm saying. An RDR throws up a red flag and then is "looked into further" by management.

Couldn't tell if that was sarcastic or not about my stewardship. If it wasn't, thanks.

Have never lost a driver due to progressive discipline in my 25 years as a steward. In fact, have never had a driver suspended in my 25 years as a steward.

Did lose a few to Article 17. One was stealing COD money back in the day. They suspected, set him up and caught him red handed. Another was doing drugs, got him into rehab for his second chance but failed his drug test 6 weeks out of rehab.

I think we can put this RDR to bed. If your center manager overrides the DIAD training, work as instructed. If your center manager does not override the DIAD training, work as instructed.

10 point

I've seen other posts on here that do the same security gate scan, approved by their center manager, as my center. So we are not the exception. Looks like RDR is not set in stone is all I'm saying. An RDR throws up a red flag and then is "looked into further" by management.

Couldn't tell if that was sarcastic or not about my stewardship. If it wasn't, thanks.

Have never lost a driver due to progressive discipline in my 25 years as a steward. In fact, have never had a driver suspended in my 25 years as a steward.

Did lose a few to Article 17. One was stealing COD money back in the day. They suspected, set him up and caught him red handed. Another was doing drugs, got him into rehab for his second chance but failed his drug test 6 weeks out of rehab.

I think we can put this RDR to bed. If your center manager overrides the DIAD training, work as instructed. If your center manager does not override the DIAD training, work as instructed.
No sarcasm my brother. I meant it.

And our center manager is about the dumbest supe I have seen in 20 years here and due to that we know that he'll throw us under the bus for his own (many) mistakes so we try to adhere to the stricter side of the rules from corp.

And trust me, those rules are, shall we say, very well recorded.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No sarcasm my brother. I meant it.

And our center manager is about the dumbest supe I have seen in 20 years here and due to that we know that he'll throw us under the bus for his own (many) mistakes so we try to adhere to the stricter side of the rules from corp.

And trust me, those rules are, shall we say, very well recorded.
We work for our center manager. If he wants it done one way, we do it his way. That is between him and corporate. I don't get in the middle. I do have my :censored2: covered though. Thanks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We work for our center manager. If he wants it done one way, we do it his way. That is between him and corporate. I don't get in the middle. I do have my :censored2: covered though. Thanks.
Not really. We work for corporate. Any sup center manager included would throw an hourly under the bus in a heart beat to save their job.