Taking a day off

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Then he asked about production to the part time supervisor and I thought for sure they would tell him not to come back. Still scheduled for Wednesday.
He'll be gone soon enough...it gets so you can watch them work for 5 min and predict if they'll last or not. I'm rarely surprised....

Ups_nooe93

You banged in 6 days during probation and nothing was said to you by management? :bsbullf:
Yessirr.
I work in preload sort.. So maybe its not that big of a deal compared to other positions.. On average i miss like 5-7 days a month and Ive only been here for about 6 months..My sup is actually a cool guy..he never gives anyone a hard time

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yessirr.
I work in preload sort.. So maybe its not that big of a deal compared to other positions.. On average i miss like 5-7 days a month and Ive only been here for about 6 months..My sup is actually a cool guy..he never gives anyone a hard time
I work preload...7 missed days a month? That's more than a week a month. I haven't banged out 7 days this year...

Ups_nooe93

I can understand that..your other job as a fry salter at Mcdonald's must really wear you out...I'd sleep in too...
Ha funny.
I could careless about this job. I have 3 semesters left before I get my electrical engineering degree. Plus I already got a good part time job working as an electrician for the city of LA. Hah

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
GOOOOOD 4 YOU. Lol. Talk to me in 10 years when guys you met in this pt job you could care less about are getting paid twice as much as you with full benefits. ( and no college loans).

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I am new to ups and have not accounted for my 31 days yet, but am wanting to take off this Friday. Is it frowned upon to take a day off before seniority? Also how far in advance should I let them now? Thanks for any help.
Probably should have mentioned it when you first realized you needed off. Some times they are cool about it, sometimes they aren't, just depends on who you got over you.

UPSGUY72

I am new to ups and have not accounted for my 31 days yet, but am wanting to take off this Friday. Is it frowned upon to take a day off before seniority? Also how far in advance should I let them now? Thanks for any help.

Show up to work everyday until you make your 30 days. But hey go ahead and call in friday morning. Just remember they could start your 30 days over again if you do or they could just keep you till the 29th day and tell you tour not needed anymore.

Your choice rule the dice and hope snake eyes don't come up or just show up to work till you make your 30 days...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Show up to work everyday until you make your 30 days. But hey go ahead and call in friday morning. Just remember they could start your 30 days over again if you do or they could just keep you till the 29th day and tell you tour not needed anymore.

Your choice rule the dice and hope snake eyes don't come up or just show up to work till you make your 30 days...
I actually pray for snake eyes. Pays 35-1!