Talk with because of misloads

Brisket

I began checking my trucks for misloads during break which has helped on most days. My biggest frustration is that between me and supervisors checking my trucks during the shift the usually find none to one misloads. But I’ll turn around and still get one or like the other day 4.

During break?! Take your break, especially since you only get one ( until peak starts).

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
How am I not supposed to be late if they call me in after start time which hasn’t happened to me but has happened to another person.

They supposed to give you a start time, before leaving the shift, your need to find out always. It not an excuse leaving without not knowing start time.

PT Car Washer

Not exactly. I was originally scheduled to work then an hour before got told I got put on call because a drive bumped in and I’m on the lower in seniority. 10 minuets before start time they give me a call to come in. Called in at 355 and got there at 407. Start time was 405.
More management screw ups. Always wanting to throw someone else under the bus before they will admit their own mistakes. Get used to it.

Refloger86

Yeah. I got called in because someone called in sick or something at the last minute. Pretty :censored2:ty if I get considered being late because someone else couldn’t come in on.
More management screw ups. Always wanting to throw someone else under the bus before they will admit their own mistakes. Get used to it.

PT Car Washer

They supposed to give you a start time, before leaving the shift, your need to find out always. It not an excuse leaving without not knowing start time.
Keep up. Sounds more like management screw ups, not a person still in probation. Always give a future Union member the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping to managements defense.

Dulce Bombón

Not exactly. I was originally scheduled to work then an hour before got told I got put on call because a drive bumped in and I’m on the lower in seniority. 10 minuets before start time they give me a call to come in. Called in at 355 and got there at 407. Start time was 405.

Well in that case talked to your Supervisor, straight about your concerns. If you are not sure, consult your local Union Steward. Im pretty sure they can help you in your situation.
Dont wait too longer, to consult with them.

Refloger86

They did give my start time. What happened is I got put on call and hour before start time then told 10 minuets before start to come in.

Dulce Bombón

They did give my start time. What happened is I got put on call and hour before start time then told 10 minuets before start to come in.

Any concern you have talk to your Steward about it. Every case is different. My office are pretty stricted with us. Maybe they can be flexible with you since they are calling you at the last minute. So communication is an important factor to succeed.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Okay so last week was my 3rd and half week in preload. I’ve done okay for the most part except to be blunt this last week was a mess. I got moved the first two days to a heavy pull area that wasn’t at the end of the belt but the middle and I wasn’t use to it and I ended up having a lot of misloads in those two days (9 between the two days) the rest of the week after getting moved back to an area I’m use to I only had two the rest of the week. Come Friday one of the sup had a talk with with me about my misloads and said that it went down as an official talk with what ever that means. I’m really worried I’m going to end up getting fired because of my up and down misload issue. I show up on time every time I work and my loads usually look good just my misloads are an off and on issue. Especially since I haven’t technically made seniority yet I’m even more worried I’ll end up getting fired.

You're almost there, you'll be fine. As far as I know, nobody has been let go or disqualified over misloads unless it's REALLY BAD, like 20+ for one truck?
It's also frustrating because the methods they implemented for loaders are almost impossible to achieve within the time limit they give (3-4 hours for 3-6 trucks every day) which can be unfortunately used against the loader when misloads are an issue (Such as writing the hin number on EVERY package) I use the word "can" loosely because it really has no grounds towards discipline, don't worry again on that. Show up on time, make an effort to put packages where they are supposed to go and you'll be fine, again.

ANYWAYS what I am trying to say, I'm as usual drinking and browsing BC, misloads wouldn't be THAT big of an issue if preload had flexible hours and more training.

I'm a sup, and management is only concerned with money. They don't realize if we had just a little bit more time, we would SAVE them money in the long run. Stay union, my pretty. :whistling

WTFm8

Check your supplement/rider. My supplement says ‘reasonable amount of time’.

Also, file a grievance if they’ve ever worked you under 3.5 hours which is a guaranteed minimum per the National Master contract.

Ignore the other user saying you’re late if being called in. Tell the person calling a time you can report and it’ll be your start time. Takes me 25 minutes to get to work, I always tell them a time 45 minutes out. If they say nevermind or they said to stay home and you find out a supervisor was working or someone lower then you came after (in the future when you have seniority) file a grievance on that.

Regardless, talk to a union steward and have them make sure you aren’t marked as late on any of those occurrences. Get a note pad to keep track of those days/time of call/when you arrived if needed.

Note: File on a supervisor working anyhow.