Talk with because of misloads

Raw

Raw Member
Back in the day I had a genius preloader who during christmas loaded over 300 stops without a misload in a packed car..If I couldn`t see or get to a pkg it was because I didn`t need to until I could! 20 years ago he was getting $100 from me as a christmas bonus!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
<rant>

@Raw , @Maple Grove MN Driver anybody care to swap positions?
Y'all make a great wage. Y'all have job security. Y'all get to put miles between you and the nearest supervisor.

And yet it is the preloader who must just be some lazy do-nothing, that's just out to screw you over.

@Raw, I'm a good loader. I take pride in my work. I consider myself friends with my drivers. But be glad you aren't one of my drivers. If you were, I'd do everything I could to make your life hell. You sound like a real piece of work.

@Maple Grove MN Driver , tough talk, coming from a guy who doesn't have to deal with supervisors during the entirety of his shift.
The day my drivers are the ones writing out my paycheck is the day I start following their directions.

We don't work for drivers.
We work for UPS.

Y'all are just the obnoxious coworker who won't ever shut their trap.
Put on your big boy pants, and join the majority quietly doing their work.
</rant>

(To clarify, I am not "against" drivers. I know a lot of them. I respect them. But there is a heck of a lot of loud mouthed entitled dummies out there who really should trade spots with their loader sometime. They make the rest of y'all look bad.)

@eats packages , thank you for your response. I respect it.
I will continue to follow the directions of my supervisors, though. They don't ride me about misloads, when the rarety occurs.

They want speed. And they will overlook a lot for a fast loader. So as above, since they pay me, I will follow their directions.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Back in the day I had a genius preloader who during christmas loaded over 300 stops without a misload in a packed car..If I couldn`t see or get to a pkg it was because I didn`t need to until I could! 20 years ago he was getting $100 from me as a christmas bonus!

Due to inflation, your preloader 20 years ago was earning almost double what we current generation gets. [EDIT]Only about 1.5X[/EDIT]

If y'all had fought for pay raises for part timers, you wouldn't have the issue.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Okay so last week was my 3rd and half week in preload. I’ve done okay for the most part except to be blunt this last week was a mess. I got moved the first two days to a heavy pull area that wasn’t at the end of the belt but the middle and I wasn’t use to it and I ended up having a lot of misloads in those two days (9 between the two days) the rest of the week after getting moved back to an area I’m use to I only had two the rest of the week. Come Friday one of the sup had a talk with with me about my misloads and said that it went down as an official talk with what ever that means. I’m really worried I’m going to end up getting fired because of my up and down misload issue. I show up on time every time I work and my loads usually look good just my misloads are an off and on issue. Especially since I haven’t technically made seniority yet I’m even more worried I’ll end up getting fired.
ups needs people because most people quit after a week, ask @Gumby

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Okay so last week was my 3rd and half week in preload. I’ve done okay for the most part except to be blunt this last week was a mess. I got moved the first two days to a heavy pull area that wasn’t at the end of the belt but the middle and I wasn’t use to it and I ended up having a lot of misloads in those two days (9 between the two days) the rest of the week after getting moved back to an area I’m use to I only had two the rest of the week. Come Friday one of the sup had a talk with with me about my misloads and said that it went down as an official talk with what ever that means. I’m really worried I’m going to end up getting fired because of my up and down misload issue. I show up on time every time I work and my loads usually look good just my misloads are an off and on issue. Especially since I haven’t technically made seniority yet I’m even more worried I’ll end up getting fired.
ups needs people because most people quit after a week, ask @Gumby

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
3F9BDCAA-BDE9-4173-87C9-A3AFEC85DEF7.gif
How am I not supposed to be late if they call me in after start time which hasn’t happened to me but has happened to another person.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't talk to them for the whole first month unless they talk to me first. Not trying to be rude, but it is a waste of time after all.
Oh absoutely.
It's been 2-3 fresh faces everyday and this is just from my wing. The center as a whole is easily taking in 20-30 new people a week. Another person has mentioned they do not know names until it's been half a year.
It only takes a week for their drivers to recognize them though... By what they do to the load.

ups_drone

Either 11 or 13$ hour. I’m not getting a show up bonus.
Our new preloaders make $10.35/hr and a $100/wk show up bonus. No you will not be fired just as long as you show up everyday on time and at least try to do your best. If your misloads do not improve you will be moved to another job like unloading or PT Sup or something. UPS can not afford to fire you.

Wtf, y’all get a $100 bonus every week just for showing up everyday on time?? I’m only making $11/hr and I’m lucky to get more than $200 a week while busting my ass/getting harassed by sups every morning lol

ups_drone

Our new preloaders make $10.35/hr and a $100/wk show up bonus. No you will not be fired just as long as you show up everyday on time and at least try to do your best. If your misloads do not improve you will be moved to another job like unloading or PT Sup or something. UPS can not afford to fire you.
I began checking my trucks for misloads during break which has helped on most days. My biggest frustration is that between me and supervisors checking my trucks during the shift the usually find none to one misloads. But I’ll turn around and still get one or like the other day 4.

During break?! Take your break, especially since you only get one ( until peak starts).

Lol during peak we still only get one 10 minute break regardless if we work 4hrs or 8+hrs

ups_drone

I began checking my trucks for misloads during break which has helped on most days. My biggest frustration is that between me and supervisors checking my trucks during the shift the usually find none to one misloads. But I’ll turn around and still get one or like the other day 4.

During break?! Take your break, especially since you only get one ( until peak starts).
I see some room left, could squeeze another 10-20 stops in.

Lmao damn your loader sucks