Talking on phone while driving??

bluehdmc

That would go over like a fart in church.

If they ask and you refuse they will simply have their lawyers submit a subpoena to obtain the records.

I think that's what I would do whether I was on the phone or not. If it was a serious accident and there were lawsuits involved the plaintiff's lawyer would probably subpeona phone records, but for a minor fender bender accident. I think asking for phone records is just intimidation on UPS's part. My bill (Verizon) is no longer itemized like it was originally with dates and times of calls. Now it's just usage, peak, unlimited, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think that's what I would do whether I was on the phone or not. If it was a serious accident and there were lawsuits involved the plaintiff's lawyer would probably subpeona phone records, but for a minor fender bender accident. I think asking for phone records is just intimidation on UPS's part. My bill (Verizon) is no longer itemized like it was originally with dates and times of calls. Now it's just usage, peak, unlimited, etc.

You can get all of that information on their website (www.vzw.com). You will need to register if you haven't done so already.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I've been involved in arbitration and court cases where the phone records were subpoenaed. The subpoenaed version is more detailed than the "detailed billing" you can obtain on your own. Don't believe that the records don't exist, just because you can't see them.

Even if it's legal, you can still be sued and held responsible for negligence related to distracted driving. You can also be charged with negligent driving or wreckless driving.