TARIFFS

newfie

View attachment 247950
Buchanan has a fatal flaw in his argument. Consumers can’t just buy the same goods from American manufacturers at a lower price. For one they don’t exist and secondly a tariff raises the market price to accommodate the tariff. American sellers just raise their price to the new normal after the tariff and pocket the difference.

All that sounds impressive but has not come to pass with the first round of tariffs. Inflation continues to be low and buying continues to be robust

All that sounds impressive but has not come to pass with the first round of tariffs. Inflation continues to be low and buying continues to be robust
Inflation is "low" because the government lies about it. You see what you bring home every month and you see how much your cost of living goes up. I guarantee you that you are paying way more than 2% for things this year versus last year

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Inflation is "low" because the government lies about it. You see what you bring home every month and you see how much your cost of livoli goes up. I guarantee you that you are paying way more than 2% for things this year versus last year
Actually im paying about the same orice

newfie

Yeah, ain't it great how Republicans are always all about the pain and the punishment? And if politicians want less stuff made in China to be sold in the US, maybe they should talk to American manufacturers who have moved their manufacturing over there! China didn't "make" then do it!

Hell, ask Trump -- his stupid MAGA hats are made in China. And Ivanka's :censored2:ty fashion products (or did she go ahead and move her manufacturing to Ethiopia, because they are easier to exploit?)

You're drooling, wipe your chin

newfie

Inflation is "low" because the government lies about it. You see what you bring home every month and you see how much your cost of livoli goes up. I guarantee you that you are paying way more than 2% for things this year versus last year

Beer is still the same, I still look for deals on groceries. I don't buy high end sports clothes or shoes.

I am paying more for gas which is not in the index

newfie

I think the point I have not seen here is we don't buy items from a state sponsored grocery store. Many Chinese items are discretionary. You don't have to buy clothes or appliances or cell phones unless something goes up.
Our free market allows us many options to comparison shop.
There is no need for any of us to panic