TARIFFS

newfie

Man up and guzzle some American milk!
Maybe a teat would help his digestion

udder-168821_1280.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I love the conservatives arguing that consumers don’t notice tax increases and they have no effect on consumption. Lulz
Democrats in my state weren't concerned when they jacked our fuel tax? Now they suddenly are concerned about the consumer?

All China has to do is charge the same tariff on our US products as we pay on theirs. Seems like a good fair deal.

newfie

Democrats in my state weren't concerned when they jacked our fuel tax? Now they suddenly are concerned about the consumer?

All China has to do is charge the same tariff on our US products as we pay on theirs. Seems like a good fair deal.

Too easy. Need to cheat

bacha29

Keep in mind. Food and fuel inflation is not included in the official inflation rate despite the fact that inflation in those areas are often the most painful. Moreover China doesn't give a rodents expletive deleted about what Trump. He doesn't worry them in least. Why? Very simple. Theirs in a one party political system with a president for life. They made that fact clear at Tiananmen Square back in 1989

BrownArmy

One of the possible ironies here is that if this trade war continues for any length of time, more small farmers and small businesses won’t be able to hang, forcing them to close. Big ‘Farma’ will be the winner as small family farms are forced to sell.

Even if American businesses wanted to set up shop in America, that would take years, if they don’t go to India or Vietnam first.

I would be more supportive of these tariffs if they seemed to be part of a larger plan, but coherent overall strategies don’t seem to be in Trump’s wheelhouse.

It’s like he sees an incredibly complex machine which is broken, and he’s just wailing on it with a hammer.

I mean, that might work.

BrownArmy

Keep in mind. Food and fuel inflation is not included in the official inflation rate despite the fact that inflation in those areas are often the most painful. Moreover China doesn't give a rodents expletive deleted about what Trump. He doesn't worry them in least. Why? Very simple. Theirs in a one party political system with a president for life. They made that fact clear at Tiananmen Square back in 1989

China doesn’t care, they have a fifty-year plan in place, there’s no amount of pain we can inflict on them that they can’t out-wait.

China pulled hundreds of millions of their ‘citizens’ out of abject poverty in several short decades, a never-before-seen feat of social engineering.

Pretty sure they can out-last Trump.

newfie

K I'm not scared of them . Are you scared?
Tell the truth . Did you just piss yourself talking about those bad ass fearless Chinese?

BrownArmy

Tell the truth . Did you just piss yourself talking about those bad ass fearless Chinese?

The TPP might have given the US some actual leverage on our concerns about open markets, intellectual property, etc., with co-signers that would back us up.

That’s debatable, of course, but Trump dropped out as an :censored2: to Obama.

What a way to run policy.

bacha29

No but
MacArthur crapped his pants when he saw about a million of them coming across the Yalu River. But make no mistake, time and politics are on their side.