Taw

Shorts365

TAW here is reading a fantasy novel in the office for the length of your average shift. Maybe shuttling some LIBs once in a while.

GenericUsername

TAW here is reading a fantasy novel in the office for the length of your average shift. Maybe shuttling some LIBs once in a while.
Depends on the extent of injury in our center. I couldn't drive when I was hurt so I was lying down in a room with AC watching Netflix all day with periodic naps due to the medication I was taking. Some guys will run misloads. Some will sit in the customer counter area for hours on end while it's closed. Some will help pick up trash around the center (then our porter files on them lmao.) Once in a blue moon a guy will go out on a route with a jumper and just sit in the seat all day while the jumper does the rest of the work.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yeah they said I could work preload from 7-11 in the morning and sort from 5-9 at night. I just didn’t know if that was considered taw
In our supplement they can only change your start time 2 hours from what you originally started before the injury while on TAW. They also can't put you on a split shift to my understanding. TAW comes before workers comp, if your a driver they have you running left in buildings and grabbing misloads. It also depends on your restrictions. I went out for 20 days with a strained back and pretty much they use you to clean up the mess that preload leaves after the drivers left. 30 days is the max on TAW and then you go on workers comp until you are released from your restrictions. Why did they give you the week off? Should be reporting to work and sitting in the office at minimum for your 8 hour guarantee.

charm299

In our supplement they can only change your start time 2 hours from what you originally started before the injury while on TAW. They also can't put you on a split shift to my understanding. TAW comes before workers comp, if your a driver they have you running left in buildings and grabbing misloads. It also depends on your restrictions. I went out for 20 days with a strained back and pretty much they use you to clean up the mess that preload leaves after the drivers left. 30 days is the max on TAW and then you go on workers comp until you are released from your restrictions. Why did they give you the week off? Should be reporting to work and sitting in the office at minimum for your 8 hour guarantee.
It was mutual agreement to take a week off. I thought i would be ready after I week, my neck don’t feel that bad, it’s just still a little soreness so doctor said stay on light duty for another week and then see how I feel

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
It was mutual agreement to take a week off. I thought i would be ready after I week, my neck don’t feel that bad, it’s just still a little soreness so doctor said stay on light duty for another week and then see how I feel
Don't do them any favors when it comes to a injury, you might think this will go away in a week and it might come back a month later acting worse than before you went out. You have to do what's best for you and your body, letting the company dictate what they feel is reasonable is not the route to go. Seems every center manager has a medical degree when someone gets injured.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was on TAW several times. I entered data on the Liberty Mutual site, I worked carwash/preload, and I hung around helping at the Customer Counter. I was sent home as soon as I hit eight hours every time. You can only work it up to 29 days. It was easy work and I got to go home early.

542thruNthru

Please explain to the class how you know this scent...
Ok, I didn't want to do this but....

I hung out with your mom for many years and if was her favorite snack.
TallBountifulJoey-size_restricted.gif

charm299

I was on TAW several times. I entered data on the Liberty Mutual site, I worked carwash/preload, and I hung around helping at the Customer Counter. I was sent home as soon as I hit eight hours every time. You can only work it up to 29 days. It was easy work and I got to go home early.
Did you do a split schedule or 8 straight hours? They want me to work preload 7-11 and then local sort 5-9

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did you do a split schedule or 8 straight hours? They want me to work preload 7-11 and then local sort 5-9
I was in a Hub, I worked carwash and then dumped bags on the Preload's Small Sort. An extended Center would be harder to work eight straight hours.

Johney

You had better hope they are coding this mutual agreed on time off as comp otherwise your benefits are not covered. I sure hope they didn’t convince you to use option days.