Tax Reform

wkmac

The tax system
in itself picks winners and losers.

Yes, this is true but the tax system itself is a direct reflection of the 2 party State. And like everything else even the debate on taxes is kept within a very narrow framework. A framework that benefits the existing power of said 2 party state.

rod

Retired 22 years
At least he is entertaining.
I'm not sure there are any politicians in DC that are 'fit to serve'.
Like they told me at UPS (and Rod's supervisor), "You have to work with what you got".

Worked 17 years before I called in sick the first time--missed 2 and a half months once for a bad back and after that maybe had a total of 3 or 4 sick days off in 30 years, very,very seldom had a paid send again-
Circle of Honor member-------hell yes YOU and anyone else at UPS would have been proud to have me on their team----other than the fact I wasn't any ones puppet and was a good Union man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Worked 17 years before I called in sick the first time--missed 2 and a half months once for a bad back and after that maybe had a total of 3 or 4 sick days off in 30 years, very,very seldom had a paid send again-
Circle of Honor member-------hell yes YOU and anyone else at UPS would have been proud to have me on their team----other than the fact I wasn't any ones puppet and was a good Union man.
I know you bitched a lot ... be honest. :innocent:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If people could do their own taxes and have it on a post-card size form........even Democrats would like that...except Pelosi and Schumer! (they won't like it, they hate everything)

It will be fine

If people could do their own taxes and have it on a post-card size form........even Democrats would like that...except Pelosi and Schumer! (they won't like it, they hate everything)
Actually a professor in California did a trial where people that only used a 1040 got one sent to them already filled out, they just had to sign it and send it back. Everyone loved it, 99% approval in the trial. He tried to expand it statewide. All the republicans voted against it because Grover Norquist said he didn't want taxes to be easy for people. He wanted them to be hard so people would hate them.