Taxes out of my paycheck!?!? grrrrr

Savvy412

man..every friday I cant even enjoy my paycheck because I look right at my taxes. Im wondering if I filled my W2 out wrong

I got married and had a kid since I last did one so not sure how much of a difference that would make.

*new driver* this paycheck actually should have been $22.75 but you know how that goes.

PAYSTUB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
man..every friday I cant even enjoy my paycheck because I look right at my taxes. Im wondering if I filled my W2 out wrong

I got married and had a kid since I last did one so not sure how much of a difference that would make.

*new driver* this paycheck actually should have been $22.75 but you know how that goes.

2zqc02a.jpg
Not quite following..if your pay rate is incorrect you are guaranteed your correct pay within 24 hours or they are forced a penalty daily....give copy to supervisor and say you want a green check next day'ed ....contact union immediately.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Looks about right....over peak was grossing 2200-2300.... Bringing home 1200-1300.... Get crushed on taxes...though %10 does go to my retirement but still..............

Savvy412

Not quite following..if your pay rate is incorrect you are guaranteed your correct pay within 24 hours or they are forced a penalty daily....give copy to supervisor and say you want a green check next day'ed ....contact union immediately.

Will do! ya...they always love to talk about the "good money we are making" so..WHERE IS IT!?!?.

Going to buy a home this year..at least they look at gross pay..not net.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
First off all, you fill out a W-4, not a W-2.

Second, the numbers look right.

Third, you are working way too much overtime!
That OT is sometimes the norm on certain routes. I average that plus 2-5 hours on top if it's a busy week.

In the BOG it might be. But in most big centers,this is normal

clean hairy

Based on 40 hrs per week, you would be at 39g's income for the year.
Based on the OT figure, that would be a touch over 52g's income for the year.
Perhaps the OT kicks you into a higher tax bracket vs a regular 40 hr week?