Taxes out of my paycheck!?!? grrrrr

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
man..every friday I cant even enjoy my paycheck because I look right at my taxes. Im wondering if I filled my W2 out wrong

I got married and had a kid since I last did one so not sure how much of a difference that would make.

*new driver* this paycheck actually should have been $22.75 but you know how that goes.

View attachment 66734
If you think that's bad try actually making a really good living.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg

saintrick

man..every friday I cant even enjoy my paycheck because I look right at my taxes. Im wondering if I filled my W2 out wrong

I got married and had a kid since I last did one so not sure how much of a difference that would make.

*new driver* this paycheck actually should have been $22.75 but you know how that goes.

View attachment 66734

It depends on your spouses income and how you file. If she has little or no income your federal withholding is way to high.

By The Book

View attachment 66734
When did you start driving?

rod

Retired 22 years
For the love of god keep paying that SS tax. With my pension being cut I don't want to see SS cut too.

JL 0513

For the love of god keep paying that SS tax. With my pension being cut I don't want to see SS cut too.

SS runs out in about 15 short years.

And Sanders is proposing an additional $20 trillion in NEW spending for his first term. LOL.

rod

Retired 22 years
SS runs out in about 15 short years.

And Sanders is proposing an additional $20 trillion in NEW spending for his first term. LOL.

According to the "average life expectancy of an American male" that should work out perfectly for me. Good luck to all of you.

JL 0513

They told my dad in 1983 SS would run out by 1999. In 1999 they said it would be out by 2013. It's 2015 and we have another 15 years.

Technically, there is no SS trust fund. For 2014, SS ran a $39B deficit. So just to make payments to all the recipients, the government is already borrowing 10's of billions each year. It's just a money in, money out routine. The big blow will come in during the coming years where the baby boomer generation start collecting in full with no where near the workers to cover it, not even close. Never mind the Medicare explosion as that generation grows old. We're in for a rude awakening. And no one wants to do anything about because it's political suicide.