Taxes

rickyb

whatever pay as you go. Don't steal it from me and tell me you're doing it for my own good.
tolls create a bureacracy. we have a toll bridge and they have to spend all the money on the technology on the bridge to collect the toll, and then theres a group of people who collect the toll. ditto for parking meters.

i have a moral problem with tolls because they discriminate based on use, not based on ability to pay. a dirt poor person might have to use a bridge, or a library, and theres no way they should be forking over money to pay for it.

i would think blanket taxation would be way more efficient because at least you would save on the parking meters, tolls technology, etc.

newfie

tolls create a bureacracy. we have a toll bridge and they have to spend all the money on the technology on the bridge to collect the toll.

sigh...you do realize they take in more money then they spend on toll collection? Please tell me you do

rickyb

sigh...you do realize they take in more money then they spend on toll collection? Please tell me you do
yea im saying its a more inefficient way of collecting taxes because your spending more money collecting the tax than if it was a tax on the highest earning corporations or the richest in society

newfie

yea im saying its a more inefficient way of collecting taxes because your spending more money collecting the tax than if it was a tax on the highest earning corporations or the richest in society

You would have to show me the study or comparison you are referring to