Taxes

rickyb

im reading david cay johnstons perfectly legal which is a book on unjust taxes.

when reagan cut taxes on the rich, the government made up for it by taxing the middle class by raising social security for a few decades. in addition theres a cap on social security so the rich pay a smaller portion of it the richer they get.

in another chapter on the earned income tax credit, the IRS is more likely to audit the poor than the rich or corporations. he equates it to how the police target the blacks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
im reading david cay johnstons perfectly legal which is a book on unjust taxes.

when reagan cut taxes on the rich, the government made up for it by taxing the middle class by raising social security for a few decades. in addition theres a cap on social security so the rich pay a smaller portion of it the richer they get.

in another chapter on the earned income tax credit, the IRS is more likely to audit the poor than the rich or corporations. he equates it to how the police target the blacks.

So, the Trumpster rags on Nordstrom's today for dropping Ivanka's crap. How do we know he doesn't have an interest in a competitor, or if he actually owns Ivanka's so-called business?

We don't, because we can't see the taxes.

Impeachment awaiting.

rickyb

So, the Trumpster rags on Nordstrom's today for dropping Ivanka's crap. How do we know he doesn't have an interest in a competitor, or if he actually owns Ivanka's so-called business?

Impeachment awaiting.
yea i heard on either democracy now today or ralph nader that trump is in violation of the constitution every day because he hasnt divested.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yea i heard on either democracy now today or ralph nader that trump is in violation of the constitution every day because he hasnt divested.

Yep, from the moment he took the oath and stopped being private citizen Drumpf. The deplorables here think he'll get a pass. Nope. Think maybe the terrorists want to take-out a Trump-branded property? What about all of the rants against various companies too? All prohibited. And still zero divestiture because "having Don and Eric run things" isn't even in the ballpark for legality regarding divesting assets.

The taxes will put him in jail.

newfie

Yep, from the moment he took the oath and stopped being private citizen Drumpf. The deplorables here think he'll get a pass. Nope. Think maybe the terrorists want to take-out a Trump-branded property? What about all of the rants against various companies too? All prohibited. And still zero divestiture because "having Don and Eric run things" isn't even in the ballpark for legality regarding divesting assets.

The taxes will put him in jail.

red rules now , no crying. time to man up

upload_2017-2-11_0-57-23.png

rickyb

im 180 pages into david cay johnstons book on the US tax system. a common theme through out the book is that the IRS wont go after the tax evasion from the rich because they are the political donor class. in the last chapter he was talking about partnerships and how guys in the IRS figured how rich people are avoiding tens of billions of dollars in taxes each year and they were gonna fix it but they couldnt because those are the people who pay for campaigns.

and my thoughts are its ridiculous people fell for the whole "welfare queen" propaganda. poor people dont have money to influence politcians to get more welfare or to even have a decent system to begin with which you dont have.

one of hte big things in the book is poor people are more likely to be audited than the rich.

as ive said before recently, i work with some americans and one of them drew a very basic pyramid of power. on the top was the rich, then the politicians, then everyone else. but this guy lived in NYC and chicago so maybe thats why he has common sense...

newfie

Impeachment awaiting.
upload_2017-2-16_0-21-29.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The new hype is people refusing to pay any Federals taxes as a protest against Trump.
They say they'll pay state & local taxes but no money for a wall .
And that they will adjust their tax with holdings for next year so they'll be forced to sent a check to the IRS , but instead give the money owed to groups that they deem worthy .
I see a lot of IRS convictions in their futures .

newfie

The new hype is people refusing to pay any Federals taxes as a protest against Trump.
And that they will adjust their tax with holdings for next year so they'll be forced to sent a check to the IRS , but instead give the money owed to groups that they deem worthy .

yea that would be fun to watch. the IRS does not just take you to court , they swoop in and take your assets.

oldngray

nowhere special
Don't you have anything new? Why hasn't Trump stopped the violence in Chicago? He is profiting enormously from his Presidency.

Anything new? Maybe when Sharpton pays his taxes it will cease to be an issue.

Trump already started sending people to Chicago.

But the liberals there just enjoy killing each other too much.

And what does that have to do with Taxes?

rickyb

i heard about that. i wouldnt do it, unless enough people were doing it.

i think its comparable to the right wingers who give border checkpoint officers a hard time. just seems like a real hard way of going about change. i saw this one video and this guy was in his car at the checkpoint for 12 hours or so, so the pigs ended up smashing his windows and zapping him with a tazer because they are pigs and thats what pigs do.