Taxes

island1fox

Now if Obama can tell HIS friends Immelt and Zuckerberg to pay THEIR fair share it would make me happy --G.E. AND Facebook --nice to be Obama's friends.

moreluck

golden ticket member
and if you pay the US government, so should he. Exactly what Obama said. Again, welcome.
If I'm considered "rich enough to owe.....then by comparison, he'd be rich enough to owe more..... Like 10% for each of us......fair and not at all like Odumbo.

wkmac

I feel like WMAC, yet he post food for thought in some of his post...........
Ex IRS agent tells it like it is part2 - YouTube

Here is the actual text of Beardsley Ruml's speech made reference to in the above video. I posted this same speech a couple of years ago in another thread concerning a discussion on taxation. As to the comment that collected income tax does not go to running the country, that's a deep subject in itself and requires as much study of the mechanism of taxation but even moreso the mechanism of money, money creation and debt. I'm no fan of Peter Joseph and the Zeitgeist movement but in the film "Zeitgeist Addendum", Joseph in quoting the Chicago Federal Reserve's publication "Modern Money Mechanics" does an excellent job is discussing the nature of money and debt as we know it in this country and is a tip of the iceberg as to why income taxes are not needed to run the country but are used for another purpose.

Zeitgeist Addendum - Money Creation and Fractional Reserve Banking - YouTube

As to the media and why we hear or know nothing of this? Well I'll just leave you with this and you can take it from there if you dare!

Alan Watt - Never Watch The Television - YouTube

wkmac

Should the income tax be abolished?

The federal income tax is a bad joke and it needs to be abolished. All over the nation, hard working American families are being absolutely crushed by oppressive levels of taxation, and our politicians are constantly coming up with new ways to extract money from all of us every single year. Meanwhile, many ultra-wealthy Americans and many of the most profitable corporations in the country pay little to nothing in taxes. In fact, as you will see below, there are dozens of very prominent corporations that make billions of dollars in profits and yet don't pay a dime in taxes. Tax avoidance has become a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. Those that have the resources to "play the game" use shell companies, offshore tax havens and the thousands of loopholes in our tax code to minimize their tax burdens as much as possible. Meanwhile, the rest of us get absolutely hammered.

beentheredonethat

As much as I love the ignorance, unless you're fortunate enough to make $400K+, your taxes remain unchanged. I haven't seen my paycheck yet, but because the Bush era tax cuts weren't renewed until late, it's possible that UPS's payroll system doesn't reflect this. Only the 2% FICA break -- which lasted for the past two years -- has ended.

BTW, that half of Americans don't pay taxes is a fallacy. And interestingly enough, many of those who don't pay federal income taxes have seven-figure incomes.

Democrats have to make up their mind... Either social security is a tax and therefore social security benefits is an "ENTITLEMENT", or it is a forced retirement savings.
Democrats cry foul when anyone suggests that social security is an entitlement. If it is not an entitlement, and they earned it by putting money into it, then it's not a tax in the strictest sense.

When we talk about people paying no federal tax, we are talking exactly that line item. The amount of federal tax paid from your paycheck. Of course, you have to work, in order to be taxed. Also, you need to make a certain minimum to be taxed also.

I call B.S. on millionaires not paying federal taxes. List them.. give us quotes, vs making stuff up.. Sounds like you make stuff up with no facts to prove it. Sounds like how TOS operates.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Democrats have to make up their mind... Either social security is a tax and therefore social security benefits is an "ENTITLEMENT", or it is a forced retirement savings.
Democrats cry foul when anyone suggests that social security is an entitlement. If it is not an entitlement, and they earned it by putting money into it, then it's not a tax in the strictest sense.

When we talk about people paying no federal tax, we are talking exactly that line item. The amount of federal tax paid from your paycheck. Of course, you have to work, in order to be taxed. Also, you need to make a certain minimum to be taxed also.

I call B.S. on millionaires not paying federal taxes. List them.. give us quotes, vs making stuff up.. Sounds like you make stuff up with no facts to prove it. Sounds like how TOS operates.

7,000 Millionaires Paid No Income Tax In 2011

4,000 millionaires in Romney's '47%'

I googled "millionaires who pay no tax" and those were the first two links.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pay your fair share?

Via IBD:
President Obama has done a lot of talking the last year about Americans paying their fair share of taxes.
Apparently he means, Do as I say, not as my staff does.

A new report from the Internal Revenue Service has just revealed that 40 of Obama’s White House aides owe their employer, the federal government, a total of $333,485 in back taxes.

This is the third straight year that the chief executive of the United States has been unable to get his own staff members to keep up with a citizen’s legal income tax obligations. to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars in back taxes owed. All this while Obama has made such rhetorical hay about corporations and the wealthy paying their fair share.

In its previous report the annual IRS audit accounting found that 36 of the Democrat’s White House aides owed $833,000 in back taxes. The year before it was 41 Obama staff members owing $830,000. In the past year Obama’s teleprompter has been on automatic pilot with oft-repeated demands that Americans and

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't look now but in Europe they are trying to tax people for depositing money in a bank.

Look at Europe if u want to see this country in 15-20 years. That's right where we are headed on our current path.

island1fox