Taxes

wkmac

If you are involved in any way in the cash nexus that is our economy, it is literally impossible to not pay taxes at all.

As too taxation,

moreluck

golden ticket member
apay.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Guess I should take up farming.
The government will pay me not to plant crops and leave my land idle.
If I choose to plant and it doesn't rain enough they will pay me for my losses.
If it rains too much and kills my corn, I will be compensated for my loss.
If the wildlife comes and eats my corn, no worries, they will compensate me for that also.
Who's on welfare?

upsgrunt

Guess I should take up farming.
The government will pay me not to plant crops and leave my land idle.
If I choose to plant and it doesn't rain enough they will pay me for my losses.
If it rains too much and kills my corn, I will be compensated for my loss.
If the wildlife comes and eats my corn, no worries, they will compensate me for that also.
Who's on welfare?

It's called crop insurance- that you pay extra for.

wkmac

My view is that one's wages should not be considered income. One's labor and the wages resulted is equal exchange. The government has no business putting it's grubby hands into our pay checks. I am not against taxes, I see a need for them, I just don't feel the payroll tax is constitutional.

I agree. Initially the income tax didn't apply to general wages but this soon changed. The nail in the coffin came as a result of the 1942' Victory Tax Act followed by the 1954' Income Tax Code which replaced the 1939' Code. The rest they say is history.

Many a case has re-enforced that the payroll tax is constitutional under both Art. 1 Sec 8 and the 16th Amendment but I understand your point.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/michael-grimm-resignation-113867.html Moreloch how did you miss this??tax cheat and a New York congressman...guess you only care about A. Weiner.........
Yes he's a Republican. Yes he cheated on his taxes. Yes he is resigning from congress. Yes he will face possible prosecution from the IRS.
The poster was about those who are tax dodgers not facing any punishment for their actions. You know, someone like the race bater himself, the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
People Jailed for Owing Less Taxes Than Al Sharpton
  • celeb-tax-scam.jpg
Serial tax avoidance appears to be a hallmark of Al Sharpton’s operations. But there’s a warning here: Others have gone to prison for lesser amounts. The list includes rock legend Chuck Berry, Grammy winner Lauryn Hill, Ron Isley of the Isley Brothers, Survivor reality star Richard Hatch, hotel queen Leona Helmsely, and baseball’s Pete Rose .

According to a New York Times' review of government records last fall, the MSNBC host and civil rights activist personally faces federal tax liens for more than $3 million in back taxes owed, and state tax liens of $777,657. So in total, Sharpton reportedly owes more than $3.7 million in back taxes. His other two for-profit businesses, Raw Talent and Revals Communications, (both now defunct) owe anywhere from $717,000 to more than $800,000, based on state and federal tax liens, reports from the Times and National Review indicate. Revals Communications also either didn’t file its tax returns, or underpaid its tax bills from 1999 to 2002.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...-jailed-for-owing-less-taxes-than-al-sharpton

I never asked Jim Kerasiotes about his political affiliations, but now it’s clear that whatever he is, the former Big Dig boss is NOT a Democrat.

We know this because Thursday he was sentenced to six months in prison for failing to pay the IRS $31,448 in back taxes.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...carr/2015/02/carr_only_dems_skate_on_tax_raps

moreluck

golden ticket member
That funny little man running against Hillary wants 90% taxes for the very rich..........doesn't seem fair to me no matter how much you make. All should pay the same %......but first all should get a job!!

wkmac

I like the use of the Ouroboros. In the way of taxation and the cruelty of the state, a fiction of man's creation, it does reflect the ongoing "cycle" of man's cruelty to himself in his misguided attempts through time to dominate which results from the dominating emotion of fear.

Fear creates helplessness and helplessness creates the desire to be saved!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like the use of the Ouroboros. In the way of taxation and the cruelty of the state, a fiction of man's creation, it does reflect the ongoing "cycle" of man's cruelty to himself in his misguided attempts through time to dominate which results from the dominating emotion of fear.

Fear creates helplessness and helplessness creates the desire to be saved!
"Man's inhumanity to man"....Meathead on All in the Family.

rickyb

I just received an audit notice for my tax return for 2013 from the IRS. It puzzles me! They are questioning how many dependents I claimed. I guess it was because of my response to the question: "List all dependents"

I replied: 12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployed people on food stamps, 2 million people in over 243 prisons; half of Mexico; 535 persons in the U.S. House and Senate; and 1 useless President”.

They told me this was NOT an acceptable answer.

I keep asking myself , WHO the hell did I miss?!

u missed corporate welfare and banker bailouts.