Taxes

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Wait what? Then wat after the HR tab
I honestly wouldn’t mess with it. You can change the amount of dependents you claim but I claim single 0 and I’m married with 3 kids. I would rather them take out too much and give it back than owe the IRS money.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I honestly wouldn’t mess with it. You can change the amount of dependents you claim but I claim single 0 and I’m married with 3 kids. I would rather them take out too much and give it back than owe the IRS money.
You may be taxed on the "refund", depending on the State you file in.

Timtron22

Oh I'm not lol

MattM

Goes to show people haven’t changed theirs in years

It’s different now
No more claiming 0-1-2-3 etc.
there’s now a multiple jobs worksheet along with claiming single,head of household, or married.
This is all based on your estimated tax home pay weekly
Using page 13 onward you can estimate what UPS will take out weekly. If you’re a driver at say $1800 weekly, if you claim single on the new w4, they will withhold about $249. If you claim single with two jobs, they will take out about $339. They assume you are making more overall and try to make up for it

Op, what is your goal? To get closest to not owing or trying to use withholdings to get more back come tax time?

On upsers, do a search for w-4. This headline will appear
Update W-4 federal withholding and state tax
From there, do the following:
To update your W-4:

• Go to the Workday homepage and click on the Blue Cloud icon.
  • Click View Profile under your name.
  • Click Actions, then Payroll Interface and Complete Federal Withholding Elections

Most tend to just add in their own extra deduction to closely match what their liability is

If you happen to have kids you might not even need the full amount of taxes withheld, that’s when you can claim being single for example.

BobJ

1)UPSers.com
2)myHR
3)workday
4)search "w4" at top -don't know why we can't just do this from homepage, but...
5)
Add Federal WithHolding Elections

6)Fill out form.

BobJ

Goes to show people haven’t changed theirs in years

It’s different now
No more claiming 0-1-2-3 etc.
there’s now a multiple jobs worksheet along with claiming single,head of household, or married.
This is all based on your estimated tax home pay weekly
Using page 13 onward you can estimate what UPS will take out weekly. If you’re a driver at say $1800 weekly, if you claim single on the new w4, they will withhold about $249. If you claim single with two jobs, they will take out about $339. They assume you are making more overall and try to make up for it

Op, what is your goal? To get closest to not owing or trying to use withholdings to get more back come tax time?

On upsers, do a search for w-4. This headline will appear
Update W-4 federal withholding and state tax
From there, do the following:
To update your W-4:

• Go to the Workday homepage and click on the Blue Cloud icon.
  • Click View Profile under your name.
  • Click Actions, then Payroll Interface and Complete Federal Withholding Elections

Most tend to just add in their own extra deduction to closely match what their liability is

If you happen to have kids you might not even need the full amount of taxes withheld, that’s when you can claim being single for example.
Those instructions seem to be old.
-searching w4 from homepage leads you to dead-end news articles. Article just gives you a phone number.
-There is no blue cloud icon
-payroll interface doesn't have "complete federal elections" option anymore.

MattM

Try this

Click on the three lines on the top of upsers
Click on myHR
Scroll down a bit to workday
Now do a search for w-4
Results should show ADD FEDERAL WITHHOLDING ELECTIONS. Or find the one that says WITHHOLDING ELECTIONS. At the bottom of that page should have a link to UPDATE.
After the fact you can use the other links to View your withholding elections past and present from the payroll interface screen

I agree it’s way too complicated to do the most basic thing

Withholdings along with your direct deposit info used to be on one page in or around your paycheck viewer. Not any more.

Commercial Inside Release

That's caring UPS expecting their employees to drop dead, instead of growing a family (adding dependents.)

Even though they switched to the dumb worksheets, I was able to get the W-4 adjusted to withhold the minimal amount. (Unless something has changed.) The IRS has a withholding calculator, but it is probably *.

Certain illegal residents (especially in construction,) were claiming 99 allowances on their W-4s, and then not filing taxes for years. If the IRS came after them, they would just make up a new name & fake-o SS#, then disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Stick to driving brah you’re no financial expert

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Put down 20 dependents! You will be living large!

giphy.webp