TDU

LagunaBrown

You should elect better representation.
Why? We should max out our pension contributions and then bump up our 401k at peak season. You see we have a thing called peer 80 and can retire as early as 49. Oh and retiree healthcare is $300 dollars a month for family coverage (kids included). If you can beat that let me know .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why? We should max out our pension contributions and then bump up our 401k at peak season. You see we have a thing called peer 80 and can retire as early as 49. Oh and retiree healthcare is $300 dollars a month for family coverage (kids included). If you can beat that let me know .
I hope you and your money live happily ever after.

Meanwhile, the 9.5 language is supposed to be designed to protect our "quality of life" while we are in our working years.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Your children are only young once. Why are you judging someone else's priorities?
I grew up living on government cheese, my family will have everything they need and beyond. Advanced technologies, investments, the best educations, these things cost money. You have the right to choose to be around an extra hour a night, I'd rather make them rich and spend the entire weekends doing literally ANYTHING we want. Weekend vacations are a great family time. My kids love our boat, great way to spend family time.

wide load

I grew up living on government cheese, my family will have everything they need and beyond. Advanced technologies, investments, the best educations, these things cost money. You have the right to choose to be around an extra hour a night, I'd rather make them rich and spend the entire weekends doing literally ANYTHING we want. Weekend vacations are a great family time.
I am on the 9.5 list and still made close to 100k. Now that is balance
careful, you'll get ridiculed for making a living. By the same people saying we don't make enough.

LagunaBrown

I hope you and your money live happily ever after.

Meanwhile, the 9.5 language is supposed to be designed to protect our "quality of life" while we are in our working years.
9.5 does work the whole year until peak season then you max out your hours and bump up your 401k. I don't get you guys one minute you complain about your pension funds and the next you don't want to work enough hours to max out your pension contributions or 401k. SMH..... Thank goodness you don't represent anyone out here.

I grew up living on government cheese, my family will have everything they need and beyond. Advanced technologies, investments, the best educations, these things cost money. You have the right to choose to be around an extra hour a night, I'd rather make them rich and spend the entire weekends doing literally ANYTHING we want. Weekend vacations are a great family time. My kids love our boat, great way to spend family time.
I did it he whole government cheese thing as well. Spent years ashamed of it. Actually grew up in the welfare system. Very ashamed of this for a long tim as well. Somethings clicked where eventually it went from shame to something I used as an edge. Be careful members of this forum will accuse you of feelings sorry for yourself instead of how you actually feel empowered that you got out of that life and actually making a better life you you and yours.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
9.5 does work the whole year until peak season then you max out your hours and bump up your 401k. I don't get you guys one minute you complain about your pension funds and the next you don't want to work enough hours to max out your pension contributions or 401k. SMH..... Thank goodness you don't represent anyone out here.
We were talking about making $100,000 a year, not 401K's?
Too much head shaking seems to have made you dizzy and confused.
Sit still, settle down and collect your thoughts next time.

wide load

I did it he whole government cheese thing as well. Spent years ashamed of it. Actually grew up in the welfare system. Very ashamed of this for a long tim as well. Somethings clicked where eventually it went from shame to something I used as an edge. Be careful members of this forum will accuse you of feelings sorry for yourself instead of how you actually feel empowered that you got out of that life and actually making a better life you you and yours.
Exactly. I use it as a tool to never let my loved ones feel that burden. Some people just could never understand it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Times goes fast. No matter how much money you make, you can't buy time.
Some people are far too shallow to ever understand that.
I use that to be ashamed to feel that way, but now I use it as an edge.
Chasing a dollar can rob you of life's biggest rewards and I never want my loved ones to feel that burden.
I used to worry that people would think I was feeling sorry for myself, but now I feel empowered in that I got out of that mindset and am actually making a better way of life for my family and myself.
It's all about balance, and now I have something left in the tank come the weekend.

Chasing a dollar can rob you of life's biggest rewards and I never want my loved ones to feel that burden.
I used to worry that people would think I was feeling sorry for myself, but now I feel empowered in that I got out of that mindset and am actually making a better way of life for my family and myself.
It's all about balance, and now I have something left in the tank come the weekend.
I did the overtime whore thing for awhile. To get my kids through college.

It took a big toll on me.

I want to walk out of this place, not get carried out.

Inthegame

Signed... Joe Biden

anHOURover

It was $50 a month here before the roosters forced Teamcare on us. That beats 300 a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

anHOURover

I'd like to take a ride on your boat With you brother. Maybe talk some sense into you. I might have to take over as captain and let the wife know the good news.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It morphed when one poster degraded/judged anothers priorities in balancing work and family needs.

You going there too?
Validating the assertion?

Yeah, we're all a bunch of TDU wussies?
OK. Thx

You "see" my 3 questions;

And "call" with 3 of your own.

That means, they are just questions to ponder.

No more, no less.

Not definitive statements.

Right ?

Earlier, you asked me a question...I answered it...and you "morph" it into a commentary on my Local Delegates Election?

That's called.... political experience.

Shut up and do your pre-trip.

Who pre-trips a modern day cadillac ?

:-)

-Bug-