TDU

10 point

9.5 opt-in list.

I strive for a balance in my life.

You should try it, or not?
My dad owned two lucrative businesses, on multiple boards and councils, became a mayor and the list goes on.

Us kids wished he worked in a factory and came home in time to pitch the ball around after supper and just be dad. He owned an airplane, a new RV, multiple buildings, and was financially set beyond comprehension.
We couldn't have cared less if he was a millionaire.

Cats in the cradle is well memorized.

And like so many other parents that fill their time with other "priorities" we find out our family has moved on in life without our even noticing the erosion.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My dad owned two lucrative businesses, on multiple boards and councils, became a mayor and the list goes on.

Us kids wished he worked in a factory and came home in time to pitch the ball around after supper and just be dad. He owned an airplane, a new RV, multiple buildings, and was financially set beyond comprehension.

And like so many other parents that fill their time with other "priorities" we find out our family has moved on in life without our even noticing the erosion.

10 point

You don't have Life insurance? Liberty Mutual will deducts right out of your check. Family is why we work and without us they need that security.
I might be wrong but I took it as he was worth more to his family alive vs working ourselves to death.

Insurance is a no brainier.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

So....

This thread is morphing in to an emotional, "metaphoric" walk down memory lane ?

Is that how TDU, portrays itself now ?

A bunch of "touchy feely" Teamsters ?

Better call the E-channel and Caitlyn.... for advice.

-Bug-

10 point

So....

This thread is morphing in to an emotional, "metaphoric" walk down memory lane ?

-Bug-
It morphed when one poster degraded/judged anothers priorities in balancing work and family needs.

You going there too?
Validating the assertion?

Yeah, we're all a bunch of TDU wussies?
OK. Thx

You don't have Life insurance? Liberty Mutual will deducts right out of your check. Family is why we work and without us they need that security.
I had nobody that worked for me as a kid. Coming from less than nothing has given me the idea to change that and pay it forward for my wife and kids. Everyone has their own way. To throw stones like some of these turds will take and turn the direction of this thread is just how it is.

Everyone has their own idea of what they and everyone should do. Only the man who has to walk in the shoes can do it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So....

-Bug-
Earlier, you ask me a question...I answer it...and you "morph" it into a commentary on my Local Delegates Election?

TDBooHoo!!!...The Old Guard Battle Cry!!!!

Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!!

Shut up and do your pre-trip.;)

~Bbbl~

Last edited:

10 point

Post #150 said he does not want to work those hours.
I don't want those long days either. Couldn't care less about living at Brown "for my family".
Contentment is great gain...IMO.
Everyone has their own priorities.