Teamcare 2019 Concessions

browned out

Our Teamcare deductible has gone up 400% from the 2013-2018 Contract. $100 ded. for individual to now $500. And $200 up to $1000 now for families. That takes a nice chunk of a 4 year part timer's who only works 17 hours per week wage increases away.

Way To Go Hoffa Slapdicks.

Meanwhile our Short Term Disability remains at $500 max???

And On the job Injuries continue to be on the rise. As do disability claims. Many employees are too scared of UPS retaliation to state their injury occured on the job and just take the no retribution disability claim.

IF IT HAPPENED ON THE JOB, REPORT IT AS SUCH.

Who cares what our freinds who don't work for UPS pay for benefits. It is irrelevant. The comp and disability injury percentages at UPS dwarf almost all other companies.

Last edited:

browned out

And Teamcare's Plan assets increased $725,041,486. Up 725 Million $. from 2017 to 2018.

There is absoulutly no reason we should be paying any deductible.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our Teamcare deductible has gone up 400% from the 2013-2018 Contract. $100 ded. for individual to now $500. And $200 up to $1000 now for families. That takes a nice chunk of a 4 year part timer's who only works 17 hours per week wage increases away.

And On the job Injuries continue to be on the rise. As do disability claims. Many employees are too scared of UPS retaliation to state their injury occured on the job and just take the no retribution disability claim.

Who cares what our freinds who don't work for UPS pay for benefits. It is irrelevant. The comp and disability injury percentages at UPS dwarf almost all other companies.

Link.... to factual information ?

Brisket

Could you please inform us as to where you are getting this from?!

DirtySouth

I voted against both the Master and my regional supplement. I also advocated the members in my local and nearby locals do the same and took time off work to do so.

You make a good point about the deductible and higher out of pocket expenses under TeamCare vs the old company plan being more of a burden on our PT members. Short Term Disability's cap should be increased and long-term (5+ year) PT'ers should be eligible for LTD as FT'ers are.

That being said, we do not have a $1,000 family deductible under TeamCare. We have a $1,000 for single $2,000 for family MAXIMUM OUT OF POCKET, which is entirely different than a deductible.

I believe it’s open enrollment for Obamacare. You’re welcome.

RealPerson

Is that new, old, or unchanged?
This is what is was from OLD contract... I am unaware of any changes to health care.
The last year of the contract Part Time was caught up (pay more) to FT insurance.
So as a PTer I have my Co pay, $100/$200 Deductible (might be a little off) and $1,000 / $2,000 Max out of packet per year...

Mr. Marshall

It seems that your information is incorrect and even if they were you only work 17 hours a week and you are complaining that the benefits your family receives for this aren't good enough?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Thanks Tyler but quit making stuff up.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is what it was, and what it still is. This is the U1 plan, but the U2 is identical.

I was hopeful to eliminate the deductible, but no go.

teamcare.jpg

RealPerson

This is what it was, and what it still is. This is the U1 plan, but the U2 is identical.

I was hopeful to eliminate the deductible, but no go.

View attachment 223849

This is Currently 100% correct. Thanks for sharing and digging it up. Yes the Deductible was added this last year of the contract for Part Timers.

What scares me, is since it is Union controlled and NOT in the contract, it could change at any time....

Box Ox

What scares me, is since it is Union controlled and NOT in the contract, it could change at any time....

I’d rather it not be as responsibility for any plan changes would be clear. None of that leadership pulling down its pants for the Company and then pointing fingers stuff when cuts come.