Teamcare 2019 Concessions

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Local 623 was the lowest.
Then Local 89.
And of course.... Local 177.
The top 3 locals of the whole "vote no" movement.

Why is that ?
Could it be because two of these three Locals, 89 and 623, had their multiple votes count for nothing in 2013-14???

Imposition is the great "Un-Motivator" for locals with an already higher than average part time membership.

Stop embracing the disconnect as a validating variable....it's not, rather a byproduct of failed leadership and subpar representation.

~Bbbl~™

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Same here. Had to open my plan book to verify due to this post and sure enough same as last year. Is this person pulling our leg or just misinformed?

He was talking about the deductible over the life of the contract.

$200 per year for 5 years. That's where he got the $1000 from.

Last contract we only had a deductible for the last, or 5th year of the contract.

So over the life of the last contract, 5 years, we only had a $200 deductible.

brett636

He was talking about the deductible over the life of the contract.

$200 per year for 5 years. That's where he got the $1000 from.

Last contract we only had a deductible for the last, or 5th year of the contract.

So over the life of the last contract, 5 years, we only had a $200 deductible.
I see how he came to that conclusion, But I still disagree with it. Before we switched to team care my area was under a company plan and our deductible was $50 per person $100 per family per year. So for a while my deductible actually went down. Our current deductible situation is still far better than what many people have out there. I know of healthcare deductible’s that are in the thousands of dollars per year, and still don’t cover as much as ours does after said deductible. I would like to go back to a $0 deductible, but I’m a realist so I do not expect that to happen.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I see how he came to that conclusion, But I still disagree with it. Before we switched to team care my area was under a company plan and our deductible was $50 per person $100 per family per year. So for a while my deductible actually went down. Our current deductible situation is still far better than what many people have out there. I know of healthcare deductible’s that are in the thousands of dollars per year, and still don’t cover as much as ours does after said deductible. I would like to go back to a $0 deductible, but I’m a realist so I do not expect that to happen.

So thats what you have become? "Thank god I don't have it as bad as Manuel" "Yes I work 100% harder, for longer but I am not complaining, I could have to pay more because Manuel over there does. He has no education, no skill set but at least I am not him even if I have to pay thousands of dollars a year to be ignored by my union"

Please PM me your address, I will have a set of balls FedEx'd to you by X-mas!

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Our Teamcare deductible has gone up 400% from the 2013-2018 Contract. $100 ded. for individual to now $500. And $200 up to $1000 now for families. That takes a nice chunk of a 4 year part timer's who only works 17 hours per week wage increases away.

Way To Go Hoffa Slapdicks.

Meanwhile our Short Term Disability remains at $500 max???

And On the job Injuries continue to be on the rise. As do disability claims. Many employees are too scared of UPS retaliation to state their injury occured on the job and just take the no retribution disability claim.

IF IT HAPPENED ON THE JOB, REPORT IT AS SUCH.

Who cares what our freinds who don't work for UPS pay for benefits. It is irrelevant. The comp and disability injury percentages at UPS dwarf almost all other companies.
TDU :censored2:ing nonsense. Go back to your TAW work, picking up trash.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Guys should start asking around about other company's benefits. They might have a new lease on life with ours. I asked many of the guys in my Local at the meetings. They think we are a bunch of crybabies with a silver spoon but to a man they agree we work really hard.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Guys should start asking around about other company's benefits. They might have a new lease on life with ours. I asked many of the guys in my Local at the meetings. They think we are a bunch of crybabies with a silver spoon but to a man they agree we work really hard.

Compare apples to apples.

Ask around at other Fortune 50 Companies and see what their benefits are.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Compare apples to apples.

Ask around at other Fortune 50 Companies and see what their benefits are.
Personally I don't need to ask around, as the Company was marching forward before the health care concessions of 2013???

It boggles my mind how these people can be content to play their way back to the field.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Personally I don't need to ask around, as the Company was marching forward before the health care concessions of 2013???

It boggles my mind how these people can be content to play their way back to the field.

I agree.

But this guy probably asked an ABF driver.

Their revenue is less than $3B compared to $60B for UPS.

And income?

Something like $100M compared to $5B.

So you're damn right I expect our benefits to be far superior.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree.

But this guy probably asked an ABF driver.

Their revenue is less than $3B compared to $60B for UPS.

And income?

Something like $100M compared to $5B.

So you're damn right I expect our benefits to be far superior.
What is it they call us...."industrial athletes"???

Brownsocks

Just a dog
"The report also found that the average share of the health care premium paid by an employee—23% for single coverage and 31% for family coverage—is holding steady, with an increase of less than 1% over the previous four years. A premium is the amount paid each month to maintain health care insurance, and the cost is usually shared by the employee and employer."
IFEBP | Average Deductible
I stand by my comment.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"The report also found that the average share of the health care premium paid by an employee—23% for single coverage and 31% for family coverage—is holding steady, with an increase of less than 1% over the previous four years. A premium is the amount paid each month to maintain health care insurance, and the cost is usually shared by the employee and employer."
IFEBP | Average Deductible
I stand by my comment.
We don't work for an "average company"???

We work for a Company who was providing superior benefits, while recording record profits.

Why should we have settled for anything less than status quo....and why are you content to "stand by" averages???

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We don't work for an "average company"???

We work for a Company who was providing superior benefits, while recording record profits.

Why should we have settled for anything less than status quo....and why are you content to "stand by" averages???

There are followers and then there are leaders.

We know which one he is.

brett636

So thats what you have become? "Thank god I don't have it as bad as Manuel" "Yes I work 100% harder, for longer but I am not complaining, I could have to pay more because Manuel over there does. He has no education, no skill set but at least I am not him even if I have to pay thousands of dollars a year to be ignored by my union"

Please PM me your address, I will have a set of balls FedEx'd to you by X-mas!

I know of people paying several hundred dollars a month for their health insurance with a $5k+ deductible and only 60% coverage after that. People with degrees and skills that take years to acquire. I feel we are pretty lucky to have what we have, and if it gets better great but it won't impact my quality of life one way or another. As far as "working hard" I'm in feeders so not so sure that applies to me. Sure the hours are long, but thats self inflicted as I could just work 40-45 hours a week if I so choose.