Teamcare

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I have never come close to max out of pocket, I hope you and yours get well soon.

Thanks upschuck. Everything is fine now.

Those who voted yes in Wisconsin voted to give you better insurance then we have. $400 family deductible? Please.

They may have voted to give me better insurance than you, but they voted me into an inferior plan that I had when they didn't have a dog in the fight.

I don't blame them. They were happy with what they got, but it affected a lot of people.

That's why I say the insurance should have been a supplement issue, not in the master.

I think that we would of had some support, but not a whole lot. UPS would put out releases saying what we get in HC, and that we pay $0 premiums, and that would turn the majority against us.

We may not have had much support, but it never would have come to a strike.

I'm just going out on a limb here but if you played out our healthcare coverage to the general public I'm thinking we aren't going to win the court of public opinion. If you think we would then you are stupid.

No, we would not win in the media. But like I replied to upschuck, it never would have come to a strike.

UPS would have given in and tried again in 2018 to dump the medical. It's really not costing them any more money to have their own plan, at least not yet.

They just didn't want the unforeseen future of the medical expenses to deal with. Now, they have a defined cost per employee that they pay to the Teamsters.

And yes, it is over and done with. But now, we need to see about improving the benefits a little through Teamcare.

Has anyone seen how much money Teamcare is sitting on? Our benefits can be improved while still keeping the fund viable.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Id rather be a part of a good loyal team any day over being some one man show. See all you have going for you is being some one man show. Me I'm part of something where if I fall somewhere down the line someone will pick me up. See that's called a brotherhood bubblehead. You can make all the demeaning comments you'd like but you'd love to have what I've got. Brothers. When the company comes for me or after me these brother recognize that someone on the team needs a block. They block the company back and the company goes on down to your local to friend with the Giligans island crew. Sorry your chit sucks and you can continue hating on me for being a team guy. A loyalty guy. A character guy. You know that guy everyone wants on there team.
Now it's time for your spin Mr. Everything but still spinning his wheels in the mud that is you and your local.
Nothing to spin, just the truth.

I liked your first post, because I would love to have what you perceive to have.
That's why I claim to be fortunate to have lost my last election (as you love to point out as an insult), because my local is presently truly unglued.
I continue to grind for other reasons like, service, perseverance, duty, integrity, penitence, and because I know if given the opportunity, I could make a real difference.

So you and your cliche can continue to ridicule me for continuing to throw my hat in the ring, while chastising others for not, but know that my motives are pure.
I would for sure be better off in most regards if I didn't.

I should probably just thank you for your service, rather than lowering myself to those ridiculous levels in the future.
I'm going to work on it.

Last edited:

upschuck

I liked your first post, because I would love to have what you perceive to have.
That's why I claim to be fortunate to have lost my last election (as you love to point out as an insult), because my local is presently truly unglued.
I continue to grind for other reasons like, service, perseverance, duty, integrity, penitence, and because I know if given the opportunity, I could make a real difference.

So you and your cliche can continue to ridicule me for continuing to throw my hat in the ring, while chastising others for not, but know that my motives are pure.

I should probably just thank you for your service, rather than lowering myself to those ridiculous levels in the future.
I'm going to work on it.
I know very little about you, but admire your perseverance and dedication to make the union a better place. We may see things differently of some issues, but count you as a good union brother.

I'm going to work on it.
You should probably work on thinking it through before you hit post reply. Snarky comments you've thrown at me in the past always lead back to here.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You should probably work on thinking it through before you hit post reply. Snarky comments you've thrown at me in the past always lead back to here.
Always humble looking through your one way, rose colored glasses?
I was referring to the comments about "elected" office.
I stand behind my observations of your attempted dominance of this forum, Dave.
You lead the league in snarky.

Last edited:
Always humble looking through your one way, rose colored glasses?
I was referring to the comments about "elected" office.
I stand behind my observations of your attempted dominance of this forum, Dave.
You lead the league in snarky.
Yea well I like you but I think you are the biggest know it all I've ever seen. And I stand by that observation. I try not to even interact with you on this forum. I'm pretty sure that's kinda what we decided a while back. Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is I like you a whole lot better when you aren't the smug know it all you are on this forum. I never try to impersonate the smartest guy in the room and you constantly represent yourself like you are that guy. Constantly you take little shots at me and when I fire back I'm the dick.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yea well I like you but I think you are the biggest know it all I've ever seen. And I stand by that observation. I try not to even interact with you on this forum. I'm pretty sure that's kinda what we decided a while back. Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is I like you a whole lot better when you aren't the smug know it all you are on this forum. I never try to impersonate the smartest guy in the room and you constantly represent yourself like you are that guy. Constantly you take little shots at me and when I fire back I'm the dick.
Nobody knows it all, especially me, and I never know who's in "the room", so how could I expect to be "the smartest"?

Perhaps what makes you so nervous is your reluctance to articulate an original thought?
Perhaps that is what makes you binge post in bulk, those ridiculous photo-shopped pictures, mounds of redundant and irrelevant stories, and emasculating insults, like a little kid with his hands over his ears, screaming as to muffle what he doesn't want to hear or what he doesn't want others to hear?

Like most reasonable adults, after a while, I just can't take it anymore and I lash out.

I used to think respect was only required when earned, until recently, when I realized it should be inherent to all and only forfeited in the face of intolerance and tyranny.

Nobody knows it all, especially me, and I never know who's in "the room", so how could I expect to be "the smartest"?

Perhaps what makes you so nervous is your reluctance to articulate an original thought?
Perhaps that's what makes you binge post in bulk, those ridiculous photo-shopped pictures, mounds of redundant and irrelevant stories, and emasculating insults, like a little kid with his hands over his ears, screaming as to muffle what he doesn't want to hear or what he doesn't want others to hear?

Like most reasonable adults, after a while, I just can't take it anymore and I lash out.

I used to think respect was only required when earned, until recently, when I realized it should be inherent to all and only forfeited in the face of intolerance and tyranny.
You forgot the guy who would dot your eye face to face in your little tangent of intolerance and tyranny. Anytime Mr. Know it all. Anytime. ;)

And what would make me nervous that's going on on an anonymous Internet forum. My family want for nothing. I am healthy. My family is healthy and Ken H negotiated a great life for me and my family getting my start out at ups. I participate in my local union and am there to stand for and with my brothers and sisters. I am a front line grunt in this teamsters union. Slowly and methodically working my way through this great union. What you mistake for whatever you like to say in your five syllable words as nervous or reluctance is your own deep insecurities.