Teamcare

BrownBrokeDown

And, its going to be the "UPS Driver".

Making $100K a year.

With a defined Pension plan, and free Medical Insurance.
And it won't be the PTers either. PT with defined Pension and free Medical better than 99% of the public. Wages starting at $10/hr with guarenteed yearly raises larger than 99% of FT blue collar worker's raises.

2BadKneesPlease

I guess I'll consider myself very lucky to have our local still running our plan thru the end of the current contract. In network pays 100% with a $200 deductible with a $250 out of pocket max. It can't stay this good forever.

anHOURover

The Tdu klux clan marches for $15 an hour yesterday and the public hasn't done anything but watch it on the news.... I am personally against $15 to flip my hamburger but just proving my point.

Gear

Parts on Order
I remember before I worked at UPS sitting in a general Local meeting listening to a UPS driver whining about how he is getting screwed all the time. "My pay and my benefits." Me and a couple buddies wanted to get up smack him in the face. Alot of Teamsters are making 15-19 an hour, average benefits (I mean real world average, not UPS average), with 401ks. There should be special UPS only meetings, that way the truck drivers, school bus drivers, and mechanics dont have to listen to people who have everything acting like they have nothing.

T

Turdferguson

Hey good news! I got a mailing from teamcare and Bariatric surgery will be covered starting in January. Also an increase in benefits for mental and substance abuse treatment

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm just going out on a limb here but if you played out our healthcare coverage to the general public I'm thinking we aren't going to win the court of public opinion. If you think we would then you are stupid.
You never go out on a limb, you do and say what you're told.
This whole hypothetical strike talk is irrelevant, because it was never going to happen.
The proper forms were never submitted.
There was absolutely no reason to agree to concessions with UPS in the last contract.
In the end, if the public could be won over in '97, then they could be won over today with the hope that hope could spread to their miserable circumstances.
Somebody has to stand up, why not us?
What a great organizing tool it could be.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And, its going to be the "UPS Driver".

Making $100K a year.

With a defined Pension plan, and free Medical Insurance.
No, it's going to be the entire bargaining unit, who do not average half of that annual salary.
I know you're quick to dismiss them, but part timers do pay dues as well.

BTW, drivers who make $100,000 a year are the exception, not the rule.

5habits100

This whole hypothetical strike talk is irrelevant, because it was never going to happen.
There was absolutely no reason to agree to concessions with UPS in the last contract.
In the end, if the public could be won over in '97, then they could be won over today with the hope that hope could spread to their miserable circumstances.
Just because you do and say what TDU tells you to does not mean others do.
You are wrong about the paperwork. Again just because Fred and Tim told you so don't make it accurate.
In the end, the politicians don't care about the unions neither does the public. They are all jealous of what we have. If you believe anything different....well I can help you.

That there is an example of why you and your local are how you ar and will always be. Good luck with what ever you and your dream team do. I know you guys are always dressed for success.

And another thing at least I'm somewhere making it better for the members of my local. You are still stuck on go being a three time loser. Have at it big boy. Maybe you'll get your picture in the next TDU magazine.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just because you do and say what TDU tells you to does not mean others do.
You are wrong about the paperwork. Again just because Fred and Tim told you so don't make it accurate.
In the end, the politicians don't care about the unions neither does the public. They are all jealous of what we have. If you believe anything different....well I can help you.
I don't belong or subscribe to TDU?
Good to see your default switches are still operational.
I read everything I can.
Talk to and listen to anyone who is willing, and draw my own conclusions. (much of what you say gets caught in the filter)

As far as the politicians?
Where did that come from?
I'm interested in getting the general population aware of what collective bargaining can do for them.
The pendulum has swung way too far in either direction.
It's time to bring things back to center, and unionism is the way to do it.

5habits100

I don't belong or subscribe to TDU?
Good to see your default switches are still operational.
I read everything I can.
Talk to and listen to anyone who is willing, and draw my own conclusions. (much of what you say gets caught in the filter)

As far as the politicians?
Where did that come from?
I'm interested in getting the general population aware of what collective bargaining can do for them.
The pendulum has swung way too far in either direction.
It's time to bring things back to center, and unionism is the way to do it.
OK

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And another thing at least I'm somewhere making it better for the members of my local. You are still stuck on go being a three time loser. Have at it big boy. Maybe you'll get your picture in the next TDU magazine.
Let me know if you actually win something.
Must make you feel good to ride other people's coat tails while not really ever winning anything yourself.
Now that's a picture in clear focus.

Id rather be a part of a good loyal team any day over being some one man show. See all you have going for you is being some one man show. Me I'm part of something where if I fall somewhere down the line someone will pick me up. See that's called a brotherhood bubblehead. You can make all the demeaning comments you'd like but you'd love to have what I've got. Brothers. When the company comes for me or after me these brother recognize that someone on the team needs a block. They block the company back and the company goes on down to your local to friend with the Giligans island crew. Sorry your chit sucks and you can continue hating on me for being a team guy. A loyalty guy. A character guy. You know that guy everyone wants on there team.