TEAMCARE......

sdwc

Do any of the vote yes people even know of the "one punch" rule changing from once a month to once a week? Did anyone do their research? Local 623 votes no to contract givebacks!

sdwc

Ok. I'll try to keep it short.... Currently my local (most locals) you have to work (one punch) in a month to har coverage! Example. You work Feb 1 st you are covered for the entire month!
TEAMCARE IS ONE PUNCH A WEEK!! now personal sick and vacation days all count for coverage!
Now let's say you burn all your days (which most employees do quickly) then you get the flu or bronchitis, or pneumonia You miss 5, 6 ,7 ,10 days, YOU JUST LOST COVERAGE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

let's say you get wrongfully terminated Currently I am covered
For the month..... YOU JIST LOST COVERAGE
FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

LETS SAY YOU GOT INTO A SEMI SERIOUS CAR ACCIDENT AND HAVE NO MORE DAYS AND CANT GET TO WORK BECAUSE YOU ARE ON A HOSPITAL Bed..... YOU JUST LOST COVERAGE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...

Let's say you that feeder driver that takes a few weeks off to let the BOTTOM GUY GET SOME WORK... You know the deal... YOU JUST LOST COVERAGE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

ALL THIS IS FACTS THAT TEAMCARE YOUR LOCAL OR NATIONAL LEADERS DID NOT TELL YOU!!

Ohhh I forgot to mention. You do have the option to pay COBRA for coverage!! Does anyone know how much cobra is? Lol. I'll give you a hint. You probably don't have enough in your bank acct to cover cobra payments!! $$$$$$

HOW WOULD YOU
VOTE TODAY IF YOU COULD VOTE AGAIN?
this is just one of the many give backs that you are unaware of!

upschuck

What if you go on strike? youlose coverage Teamcare does not. I didn't work for about 2+ months one time, and I did not lose coverae, was just getting a letter informing me that my coverage was about to lapse and that I could sign up for cobra when I went back to work. Seemed sufficient for me. I did have a vacation in the midst of that tho.

sdwc

We will never see a strike under HOFFA and hall!! THESE ARE FACTS CONFIRMED BY TEAMCARE AND TEAMSTER INTERNATIONAL VP's. IM JUST HELPING MY BROTHERS OUT BY SPREADING THE TRUTH!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Ok. I'll try to keep it short.... Currently my local (most locals) you have to work (one punch) in a month to har coverage! Example. You work Feb 1 st you are covered for the entire month!
TEAMCARE IS ONE PUNCH A WEEK!! now personal sick and vacation days all count for coverage!
Now let's say you burn all your days (which most employees do quickly) then you get the flu or bronchitis, or pneumonia You miss 5, 6 ,7 ,10 days, YOU JUST LOST COVERAGE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

LETS SAY YOU GOT INTO A SEMI SERIOUS CAR ACCIDENT AND HAVE NO MORE DAYS AND CANT GET TO WORK BECAUSE YOU ARE ON A HOSPITAL Bed..... YOU JUST LOST COVERAGE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...

Let's say you that feeder driver that takes a few weeks off to let the BOTTOM GUY GET SOME WORK... You know the deal... YOU JUST LOST COVERAGE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

ALL THIS IS FACTS THAT TEAMCARE YOUR LOCAL OR NATIONAL LEADERS DID NOT TELL YOU!!

Ohhh I forgot to mention. You do have the option to pay COBRA for coverage!! Does anyone know how much cobra is? Lol. I'll give you a hint. You probably don't have enough in your bank acct to cover cobra payments!! $$$$$$

HOW WOULD YOU

didn_t_read_lol-74639.gif

Johney

It has always been 1 punch a week here so that hasn't changed for me sorry. If you are in a accident or injured out of work you file for STD which covers your insurance. I don't believe that has changed either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, if I have this right, the company will have to pay all COBRA fees incurred if reinstated due to wrongful termination. The lawyers will like this. Might be cheaper to keep someone on the plan while under arbitration?

If you are sick for the week you go on disability and your benefits are covered. There are a lot of people that abuse the system and don't work. Ups paying healthcare for part timers who consistently skip entire weeks at a time is crap. How are you supposed to compete forever with this model??????

Stonefish

FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

HOW WOULD YOU
Just as you I will keep it short.
Under the Central Region if you are compensated it counts as if you worked.
If you get the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, break your leg or whatever else the company is responsible for paying the first 4 weeks of health and welfare so there is no loss of coverage for you and your family.
Lets say you are wrongfully terminated, part of your settlement should be back wages, health & welfare and pension payments.
If you get into a semi serious car accident you are covered if you are in a hospital bed and can't work. Your statement is false.
Let's say you are any employee that takes a few weeks off you expect to receive benefits for not working that's what got other companies in trouble. Let's do that to ours.
Let's put some other facts out there:
Let's just say you die tomorrow your family is no longer covered under the UPS Plan. They are under TEAMCARE.
Under the UPS Plan if you don't file a claim within 30 days you are denied. Not that way under Central States.

WESLA

It is what it is

FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

HOW WOULD YOU

Wether you like teamcare or not, you are going to be a part of it.
I'll be honest , when this whole teamcare thing started coming up I felt like we were getting screwed over. The more and more I researched the ACA, I realized teamcare was something that just had to happen in order for us to maintain the great coverage we have as upsers.

saintrick

The current UPS health plan for part time employees requires hours to be worked each week to be eligible for coverage. ( It does take several weeks to get processed out of the system however.)

RealPerson

Do any of the vote yes people even know of the "one punch" rule changing from once a month to once a week? Did anyone do their research? Local 623 votes no to contract givebacks!
My Local has always told us it was one Punch a Week.
I am in the Central Region.
Honestly do you think it is fair for a company to pay hundreds of dollars a month if you only clocked in once?
So it is 4 punches a month now.
If you are FT, then you have 2 weeks you can split up, and USE to keep your insurance.

My Local has always told us it was one Punch a Week.
I am in the Central Region.
Honestly do you think it is fair for a company to pay hundreds of dollars a month if you only clocked in once?
So it is 4 punches a month now.
If you are FT, then you have 2 weeks you can split up, and USE to keep your insurance.
So I guess you don't want to run this golden goose into the ground either.