Teamsters aim to shield Boston funeral from Westboro picketers

HubBub

I saw a documentary about these people. The scary thing is, they seem generally intelligent and well-spoken. Unfortunately their points of view are friend'ing insane and disgusting.

They're like internet trolls, they thrive off of anger and hatred. They'd be destroyed if everyone was unaffected by them and ignored them. Unfortunately it's close to impossible to be unaffected when they're messing with the families of dead children and soldiers.

In the end though, its good to see the range of people that unite to counter their garbage, so at least some good comes out of it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I saw a documentary about these people. The scary thing is, they seem generally intelligent and well-spoken. Unfortunately their points of view are friend'ing insane and disgusting.

They're like internet trolls, they thrive off of anger and hatred. They'd be destroyed if everyone was unaffected by them and ignored them. Unfortunately it's close to impossible to be unaffected when they're messing with the families of dead children and soldiers.

In the end though, its good to see the range of people that unite to counter their garbage, so at least some good comes out of it.

Are you trying to say they Stink?

rod

Retired 22 years

Yes they are-- but unfortunately or fortunately however one sees it , their right to express their views have been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court. The only way for the rest of us to control them is to literally make a human shield . That can be with flags/ people/ mortorcycles/ cars/ trucks or what ever it takes. There are very few of them thank God-- most of them are from the same inbred family.

Nimnim

The Nim
A bunch of sue crazy religious radical extremists? Gimme the bat!

For once I completely agree with you without question. The WBC is a taint upon the religion I was raised on. Tolerance and acceptance of anothers "sins" is what the true religious should practice.

stink219

I watched some videos of that extremest religious group. I've never been so angry at a group of people spewing their hate message.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Kinda makes me miss the old days when the Teamsters were mobbed up. We could have just sent a few large Italian gentlemen over to their church in a big black car to break their kneecaps.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Westboro Group Arrested in Texas!!

Thank You Texas!

Glad to see a sheriff with the spine to utilize existing laws.
I wonder if this will be picked up in other states (probably not California or New York but there are other states that have this 24-hour capability.

The Group that protests Military Funerals promised to show up in West, Texas for the Funeral of the Firefighters that died in the Fertilizer Plant Explosion there and were Warnednot to come here.
Well twenty of them came and were Immediately Arrested and thrown in to Holding Cells, the Men in one, the Women in the other, when the Sheriff was told "he couldn't do that and what they are being charged with" he told them that this is Texas and I can and will Hold You for 24 Hrs before charging you with anything consider yourselves lucky to be in Protective Custody, he then distributed Pictures, Discriptions, License Plate Numbers etc of the Group to the Police Departments in the surrounding Towns.
As far as I am concerned these People chose the wrong Town in the wrong State, BS like this only goes in cities like Austin or Dallas, not in Rural Texas, they are lucky to still have Their Skins!
God Bless Texas!